Did some painting!

454fan

I just finished spending the better part of the day doing some painting under the hood. I started with a detail, and took some pieces off for washing, and went to painting. I am really excited how it turned out. It matches my blue SSS. I did not do any clear coating, I washed and dried it, used fine grit sand paper gently over the plastic, sprayed a coat and let it dry. Sprayed another coat, let it dry and bloted back on. I used a auto detailing touch up paint that is also rated for some higher temperatures.

Took almost a hour to prep this part

IMAG0915_zps982262df.jpg

Finished product

IMAG0918_zps3386d4b4.jpg

This summer, I plan to do more painting under the hood.

Edited by 454fan (see edit history)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks real good. I like the "flat" powder blue look. I would leave it just like that. I wouldn't go too crazy painting more things under there. Too much might not look good IMO. I would just dress up them hoses, paint things that are black that need a touch up and be done with it. It looks good just like it is.

Thanks guys! I will do a clean up under the hood and some more detailing. But as far as clear coat or gloss, I say no. I like the flat blue. I think it turned out amazing and I would do with out it shining like a piece of chrome. I am going to leave it as is, I am quite happy with the turn out.