potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

well i went to the track to make a run but my trans is toast, i think the clutches are fried. its not putting load on the motor/turbo so i couldnt even spool it off the line so i just rolled out and shut it down at the 1/8th and on 15psi it went 102 mph in the 1/8th . so the trans is coming out on monday to get refreshed then ill get back to the track . hoping to get it into the 9's on 23psi .

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry guys don't come on much. Just got some new clutches put into the 80e about 2 months ago, now that the Trans is fresh it's so tight it won't make boost off the line unless it's like 30 degrees outside . It's only stalling to 2800rpms off the foot brake. I think I need to pull the stall and get it re stalled closer to 3500-4000rpms to get it in its sweet spot.other then that the truck is an animal and traction is going to be the next battle and a must if I want 9's.

Should be fun to watch you break the record, good luck!

I'm pretty sure Black6spd has the SSS record @ 10.6, although he claims to have run a 10.4 with no slip.

You going to the track this Spring?

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Thanks man. Yeah I want to get it out this spring but its pointless to take it with this stall so I need to get a new one in it before I do that. This stall has been a tight one. It has never let me stall over 2800 no matter how much power I have throw at it lol, stubborn little thing . Did you ever get your stall problem worked out? Looks like you have put down a good time since I've been on last.I might be giving circle d a call and see what they got going. The stall I got now is a billit tcs converter and I just had it refreshed two months ago when I had the Trans oUT and told them I wanted it looser but they said they couldn't loosen it much.

Thanks man. Yeah I want to get it out this spring but its pointless to take it with this stall so I need to get a new one in it before I do that. This stall has been a tight one. It has never let me stall over 2800 no matter how much power I have throw at it lol, stubborn little thing . Did you ever get your stall problem worked out? Looks like you have put down a good time since I've been on last.I might be giving circle d a call and see what they got going. The stall I got now is a billit tcs converter and I just had it refreshed two months ago when I had the Trans oUT and told them I wanted it looser but they said they couldn't loosen it much.

Slacker

• 7 months later...

i know its been a while ... again.. but i ordered a new circle d converter , billet flex plate and a flt lvl 4 80e . it all shipped on friday and i believe it should be here tuesday. hopefully it all plays nice with each other so i can get this thing to the track to see what it can do. the suspense is killing me. here are a couple current picture as of tonight...

13701068_1158312917568918_23027995590003

13730941_1158312267568983_73824296410183

13738187_1158312937568916_19525784079870