potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

i still want something that looks classy under the hood, i dont want it to look like my dads muscle car when i pop the hood lol

Classy? Send that super Vic to 2bfast. He will make it classy. Lol

I'm thinking Holley hi-rise. Then you need-

Edit-intake elbow

X-link

Throttle body

External vacuum block

Vacuum line to hook up the evap solenoid.

What else? You should already have rails, regulator and fuel parts.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

Looks like you won't be break the record for the fastest stock block in the 10's and 9's now :( I guess i'll be the one to try to get there one day :thumbs: ... I plan on doing the same thing as you and run the stock block until she breaks and then I have an excuse to stroke and forge :)

Jon stay away from a single plane intake. Run the Holley Hi/Mid- Ram, or the FAST. Equal length runners and more plenum volume, along with better air distribution than the single planes. Now if you want to run a Accufab TB i'd go with the single plane but that's another story.

Jon stay away from a single plane intake. Run the Holley Hi/Mid- Ram, or the FAST. Equal length runners and more plenum volume, along with better air distribution than the single planes. Now if you want to run a Accufab TB i'd go with the single plane but that's another story.

Accufab/single plane ftw! Lol

Classy? Send that super Vic to 2bfast. He will make it classy. Lol I'm thinking Holley hi-rise. Then you need- Edit-intake elbow X-link Throttle body External vacuum block Vacuum line to hook up the evap solenoid. What else? You should already have rails, regulator and fuel parts.

Brian doesn't polish his stuff. He has a buddy in Kansas City and I would be happy to pass along the polishers contact info.

Brian doesn't polish his stuff. He has a buddy in Kansas City and I would be happy to pass along the polishers contact info.

Hook me up! I'll shipping him everything I got! LOL! All the chrome and aluminum off my pete.

• 11 months later...

This is crazy, I was doing a search and figured I was the only one who lost a crank bolt, radiator cracks (oddly enough), and stupid connecting rods bent at track. I was at a stop light and heard a clank ( not sure how) but I heard something drop. Sure enough, my damn crank bolt backed out? how the hell does that happen? Went to track, damn head gasket gone, shot a chunk of the head off, and now bent rods. Crazy crap all at once, but live and learn. Good luck with the next build.

This is crazy, I was doing a search and figured I was the only one who lost a crank bolt, radiator cracks (oddly enough), and stupid connecting rods bent at track. I was at a stop light and heard a clank ( not sure how) but I heard something drop. Sure enough, my damn crank bolt backed out? how the hell does that happen? Went to track, damn head gasket gone, shot a chunk of the head off, and now bent rods. Crazy crap all at once, but live and learn. Good luck with the next build.

This isn't on your current build right?

Yeah it sucks, I've had allot of that happened but never blew a gasket out on the heads thou. Make sure you weld your water pump pulley on because those spin off also, ask me how I know ...lol.

At any rate truck should be back on the road soon just need a couple small parts and the engine will be back in. I got a 408 with some LSA heads which should bring my compression to 10.3:1 so this thing should rock on e85 .