So I have been working a lot and have decided to buy myself some heads and possibly an intake if needed, just wondering if anyone knows what would be the best route to go. A buddy of mine who works for GM was saying the new 6.2L heads are awesome; would that be a good option or is there better or should I just have my stock heads modified?

So as for a setup this is what I have so far. For now I am going to run a stock bottom end and that’s pretty much all I am leaving. I have Comp Cams putting a complete kit together (cam, rockers, rods....ect), but told them to hold off till I figure out what I am doing for heads. The engine will also be running a Lonnies fuel system, with Seimens Deka 80's for injectors as Zippy recommended. I also have headers going to a rear mount STS turbo, which I plan on running 12-14 PSI at max (got question on this as well later), and have it converted to Electric fans. For Trans I am running a built 4l80e with a 3200-3400 Circle D converter. Oh and my truck is a 2003 SS.

So just wondering what heads would be best for this setup and what else would be needed for (if I need a different intake or so on)?

Now for the boost I was going to run multiple tunes through an Electronic Boost Controller So I could run different levels of boost for what I was Doing (like 6, 10, and 14PSI) Just wondering if anyone else is doing this and what they used? Once I got my truck together I am planning to bring it down to Calgary, Alberta to get all the tuning done at Davenport, because of the only place in Edmonton that I know of is Morretto's (use to Cambells) and I was not happy with any of the work they did on my cousins 92 Camaro and they charged way to much for what they did. But if anyone knows anywhere good to get custom tuning let me know.

Any advice and info would be greatly appreciated.

its always worth the port work. more air in and out, the more powaaaaa but your 317's are more than adequate. guys are running in the 9's and 10's on stock heads. if you did want to get them ported, this would benefit you. cost effectively id run the 317's. and get a better intake manifold. and as for tuning, theres always buying the software yourself and working with one of the big tuners to help you get her dialed in just right along with being able to load any of the tunes you want. or an autocal which will allow you to email tunes back and forth until you get her dialed in. OR take it to someone in your area, which seems there arent really many options.

sorry it took so long to reply, my phone wouldn't let me post on just this thread.... weird right? anyways, like GI.SS said, porting/polish work is never a bad idea. keep in mind if you go from cathedral port to rectangle port (L92) you need to swap intake manifolds as well and throttle bodies (which is a upgrade anyways) you'll need a X-link to go from a gen lll harness to a gen Vl throttle body as well.

There are trucks that make over 800 rwhp that still can't out flow even a 90mm TB your truck on 10-14lbs should be mid to high 600 maybe touching 700 hp but unlikely, a 102mm is just a waste of time and money. Especially if your forced induction. Air is Air. and you don't have enough displacement to need a 102 unless you just want the wow factor. Personally I would have the 317's worked on a little like minor porting and blending the bowls stainless valves,springs, ect.. I would spend money on rod bolts, head studs, LS7 head gaskets and all the stuff to run 14+ lbs without any worries, maybe an intake and no bigger then a 90-92mm TB.

Edited by Full Circle (see edit history)

There are trucks that make over 800 rwhp that still can't out flow even a 90mm TB your truck on 10-14lbs should be mid to high 600 maybe touching 700 hp but unlikely, a 102mm is just a waste of time and money. Especially if your forced induction. Air is Air. and you don't have enough displacement to need a 102 unless you just want the wow factor. Personally I would have the 317's worked on a little like minor porting and blending the bowls stainless valves,springs, ect.. I would spend money on rod bolts, head studs, LS7 head gaskets and all the stuff to run 14+ lbs without any worries, maybe an intake and no bigger then a 90-92mm TB.

I was actaully going to do all that other stuff too. my brother in law is looking into LS9 head gaskets and L92 heads for me since he works at GM and gets stuff for cheaper. I was just going to do intake and the better flowing heads, So when this engine goes I will do a 408 and be able to use the heads and intake. If I did go with the 102mm could it cause power loss?

Now that you said you want to buy parts for now and a future build, and you said a 408. Is that going to be NA or FI? The 102 is still overkill and even if the 408 was FI but I don't think your going to lose power but your not going to gain anything either. Your engine can only process so much air at a time.

Now that you said you want to buy parts for now and a future build, and you said a 408. Is that going to be NA or FI? The 102 is still overkill and even if the 408 was FI but I don't think your going to lose power but your not going to gain anything either. Your engine can only process so much air at a time.

I went from a tbss tb to a nw 102 and made 2 more hp with 3 degrees less timing. No I was not getting kr before, my timing is dailed on my truck. Stock cubes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Im running into a similar situation in the near future...my SSS has 150k on it and still running strong, I have new long tubes and a cam goin in it, so I was looking into getting heads too just because I know im gonna have studs snap off and they have so many miles on them. Have any of you guys looked into swapping for 243's?

Im running into a similar situation in the near future...my SSS has 150k on it and still running strong, I have new long tubes and a cam goin in it, so I was looking into getting heads too just because I know im gonna have studs snap off and they have so many miles on them. Have any of you guys looked into swapping for 243's?

Studs? As in head bolts? I pulled mine at 250k km and had no problems.