He's most likely referring to exhaust manifold bolts. And the 243 route is the way I'm going. Iv got everything minus some gaskets and bolts to do my swap. Before you dive in take a look at my build thread. It will give you an idea of what it will cost you.

Posted Today, 04:02 AM

Im running into a similar situation in the near future...my SSS has 150k on it and still running strong, I have new long tubes and a cam goin in it, so I was looking into getting heads too just because I know im gonna have studs snap off and they have so many miles on them. Have any of you guys looked into swapping for 243's?

different guy,different question, different answer.....

Posted Today, 04:02 AM

Im running into a similar situation in the near future...my SSS has 150k on it and still running strong, I have new long tubes and a cam goin in it, so I was looking into getting heads too just because I know im gonna have studs snap off and they have so many miles on them. Have any of you guys looked into swapping for 243's?

different guy,different question, different answer.....

Whoa, definitely spaced out there, sorry guys.

Guys don't fear compression. Its really not bad. Stroked out ss is running like 10.8 or something on his 2300 tvs 408 in the low 11s with no meth. For na you can run 11.5 all day long on 93, can't see 91 being much of a problem either. I think I'm 11.4ish, it's been a while since I had to remember, and I can still run pour the timing on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Very well put! Ill be at 11.1ish with my heads and around 8.4:1 dynamic compression which is very close to borderline in pump gas. Remember to take into account static compression as well as dynamic compression.

8.9 dcr is closer to the boarder. Like I said, it's been a while, but I think I'm at 8.9. But, yeah dcr should be figured out before running any combo of parts. At least inmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i thought borderline dcr was 8.5? or does this have to do with who is tuning? i was always told to be under 8.5? If I would have had than info i might have gone for something a little different. Then again your setup is a bit more radical than something most would run on the street daily. :jester: shoot me a pm so we dont clog this up...