Iss wing mock up. Fits perfect

cmoney23

That's the fun in custom work. I love doing everything myself. The cam and trans I couldn't. Everything else I do. Chad truck is gonna look so nice def be a TOTM again.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah definitely looks good can't wait to see it on the truck also.I'm glad when I bought mine I pre finished mine a couple years ago I didn't have all these problems you guys had* I just need to go get mine painted when I get my whole truck painted I got a new cowl hood so I'll get it painted when I get my new parts together.

Any pics of the wing installed yet?

Nope!! Im str8 frustrated with the painter. I called and gave him a piece of my mind today. He said tomorrow!! I think he's F___ ing slacking off.

i obviously dont know the whole story here except what i see, but has anyone ever painted something like a backyard molded fiberglass wing- or anything DIY molded fiberglass that has a deep contour to it??? its NOT easy to get flat and get 100% right. most people will CUT all the corners and it wont look very good. and even that still takes some time lol. im not defending either side here, im just trying to make a point from a painters perspective. painting a wing like that, in the show quality that i am very picky about will take some serious time...

NOTE: i am NOT talking about this spoiler and this product as being made poorly, at all... we make full body panels for C6 Corvettes, out of fiberglass and out of 100% carbon fiber. even with the BEST mold and the most time spent carefully making these, they are far from "ready to paint" and far from "paint clear and install". this part looks like a good, well made part. but even those take some serious time to get right... im just pointing this out :) looks good btw, curious to see what it looks like with the bed cover on... this look had crossed my mind a few times on my truck, but i could never decide since id never seen it and didnt wanna gamble on it. but then again, the roll pan and the shaved tail gate will help alot IMO at least. still curious to see it. hope you get it back soon and can put that cover on :thumbs:

John :cheers:

so how much longer do we all to wait!!!

Im still waiting myself !! Im getting very irritable, but on the other side it was a fiberglass piece in its raw form. Had lots of hours just prepping it he said. I do have an update. I did talk to him today and he said its "SHOW QUALITY" so if it is then its worth the wait. It just sucks waiting so long..

so how much longer do we all to wait!!!

Im still waiting myself !! Im getting very irritable, but on the other side it was a fiberglass piece in its raw form. Had lots of hours just prepping it he said. I do have an update. I did talk to him today and he said its "SHOW QUALITY" so if it is then its worth the wait. It just sucks waiting so long..

Totally worth the wait I bet! Bet it will look awesome

I did talk to him today and he said its "SHOW QUALITY"

Ill have mine dropped shipped with some cash to you and have you're painter do mine too. Haha. Tell him to keep some of that "custom paint" around, cuz he'll end up needing more.