I need help on "reduce engine power"

Give me a call when you get some time and I'll see if I can be of help to you. Reduced engine power is usually pretty easy to figure out since only certain codes can cause it.

Zippy

702-406-0333

or

231-638-1981

Hours betwen 9am and 9pm Pacific time zone.

Ok so I called the other day and and you told me to replace the TAC. Well I just did and it still took like 4-5 starts for the REP to not show up. I'll go to autozone tomorrow to clear the code maybe since it still has the code it'll still do it??

Kinda weird. Mine had the same problem,I just replaced the harness that connects to the tb and problem solved.

I replaced that already. Got the TB sensor replaced and the gas pedal changed

Do you got a buddy with the same truck/engine you could swap his tb for a lil bit just to verify the one you got wasn't a default from the start ?

No but i could try out another tb i have

I am also getting an intermitent P1518 REP code at startup sometimes that I have to clear before driving... I did a 90mm TB swap with a 3.0 x-link and Torque Rush told me to check the wires and soldering on their x-link as some of the latest ones had some loose soders... But once I start and clear the code I do not get the REP mode back until shutdown and restart. So its weird to only get it at startup and shutdown and not while driving if it is a loose conection???? :confused:

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

What I said was to check the wiring and if you find nothing you can try replacing it. The problem at this point is that you're throwing parts at it and just costing yourself money. You need to go over the wiring and find the problem. The 1518 and U107 code are basicly the same problem. You may have corrosion at the connector which wouldn't be unusual since the TAC module location can get plenty of water on it if the hood seal is no good. There are many possible causes of this. The problem could be in the pcm software, pcm connector with a pin backing out, TAC module fuse, TAC module connector, ground issue, etc. A TAC module to pcm comunication issue is just that, not a bad throttle pedal, not a throttle body, etc. There is a pcm to control the engine and transmission and a TAC module to control the throttle body based on info from the ABS module, PCM, ATC module, etc. If the TAC module doesn't communicate with the PCM you will instantly get a code and reduced power. This is what you need to chase down. Does the TAC module have power to it, does it have a good ground, is the wiring that connects the TAC to the PCM any good, etc.

What I said was to check the wiring and if you find nothing you can try replacing it. The problem at this point is that you're throwing parts at it and just costing yourself money. You need to go over the wiring and find the problem. The 1518 and U107 code are basicly the same problem. You may have corrosion at the connector which wouldn't be unusual since the TAC module location can get plenty of water on it if the hood seal is no good. There are many possible causes of this. The problem could be in the pcm software, pcm connector with a pin backing out, TAC module fuse, TAC module connector, ground issue, etc. A TAC module to pcm comunication issue is just that, not a bad throttle pedal, not a throttle body, etc. There is a pcm to control the engine and transmission and a TAC module to control the throttle body based on info from the ABS module, PCM, ATC module, etc. If the TAC module doesn't communicate with the PCM you will instantly get a code and reduced power. This is what you need to chase down. Does the TAC module have power to it, does it have a good ground, is the wiring that connects the TAC to the PCM any good, etc.

I checked the connectors didnt follow the wires i guess i didnt understand that part. Ill follow wires tomorrow see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I washed my engine and did not get a REP message for 3 weeks. Finally came back so I rewashed the engine bay and did fine for 2-3 weeks again. Well now it will randomly do it while driving at normal speeds in town.

I asked someone around here and they said it might be the knock sensors. It didnt sound right but at this point Im willing to try anything. But Id figured Id ask here before I buy them.

Update: I washed my engine and did not get a REP message for 3 weeks. Finally came back so I rewashed the engine bay and did fine for 2-3 weeks again. Well now it will randomly do it while driving at normal speeds in town.

I asked someone around here and they said it might be the knock sensors. It didnt sound right but at this point Im willing to try anything. But Id figured Id ask here before I buy them.

Again, you're throwing parts at it. At the dealership, we call it "shotgunning". Your blind firing hoping you get lucky and hit something. You've already replaced $200+ worth of parts, and possibly with a little diag, you may have spent $1.50 on a single worn out pin in the connector. As zippy said, its a communication issue. Your knock sensors have absolutely nothing to do with the TAC to PCM communication...

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)