I need help on "reduce engine power"

For the last couple of months I've been getting a "reduce engine power". At first it would randomly do it at start up and all I had to do was restart my truck. Over the time it got worse and would do it on the highway and had to pull over restart and and it would fix. Through out this time it keeps getting worse like up to 5 times within 30 minutes. I then swapped out my whole TB and now my truck has a very high RPM on start and takes awhile to idle out. Even so it will low idle if I leave it in park. And my truck will also do a constand 28-30 mph with out even having to step on the gas. (I hate this because in school zones I have to constantly be on the brake). Also that didn't help the cause. It still did it. Then I got a new pedal sensor (idk the actual name of the sensor) and problem still stayed. I don't know what else I could really swap over to help get rid of this. Any info will be appreciated. Also the truck is a 04 1500 5.3 engine.

Idk wtf is Wrong with this! Pissing me off!!!!! Hullllllkkkkk mode! Anyways. Go to YouTube and type In reduce engine power Chevy silverado. The very first video by draywanda is very helpful and it should help you with this problem. Sorry I tried posting the video directly to the page but its being stupid

Edited by THATGUYCRUZ (see edit history)

Idk wtf is Wrong with this! Pissing me off!!!!! Hullllllkkkkk mode! Anyways. Go to YouTube and type In reduce engine power Chevy silverado. The very first video by draywanda is very helpful and it should help you with this problem. Sorry I tried posting the video directly to the page but its being stupid

Yea I was watching the that vid awhile back when i was doing the tb swap and pedal swap just didnt know if a 04 tahoe/suburban wires would be the same? also with a 04 tahoe/suburban computer be the same as a 04 silverado so i can go back to a default tune?

Also I'll try the oem tb and see how it goes tomorrow when i can go get the chance.

DID YOU REPROGRAM THE THROTTLE POSTION SENSOR AFTER EAITHER SWAP?? IF NOT THEN THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE... IK ON SOME ESCLADES YOU CAN HOLD THE GAS PEDAL AT 3K FOR LIKE 5MIN AND COULD REPROGRAM

I spliced a new pigtail (I think thats what people call them?) like it shows in those videos posted above. Also I fixed my vacuum leak but the reduce engine still occured to me early yesterday morning but that was it. ( I did this like 3 days ago) So far it seems like it doing better. Also I get better gas mileage from fixing that vacuum leak. (I didn't know fixing that would help me get more mpg?) Anyways is there any other possible solutions? I'll post with updates if it happens again.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't got the light but I do have codes I just now got back from autozone with these codes.

P0171 x2
P0174 x2
P0300
P0430 x3
P0507 x2
U0107 x2

I then erased and rescanned and only U0107 came up (twice again) but I'm pretty sure all the other ones are back on it because that what happen last time.

Give me a call when you get some time and I'll see if I can be of help to you. Reduced engine power is usually pretty easy to figure out since only certain codes can cause it.

Zippy

702-406-0333

or

231-638-1981

Hours betwen 9am and 9pm Pacific time zone.