Resto-mod SSS

jaxxon

looks good. However just food for thought. I would change the coolant surge tank cap and use 1/4 Stainless hardline to run the puke line. It would just clean the tank up a bit more.

Here is a cap we use a lot on our custom radiators

http://www.billetspecialties.com/cooling-components/radiator-caps/notch-grip-radiator-cap/

Here is another we have used

http://www.streetrodgarage.com/billetradiatorcap.aspx

I was thinking the same thing today when taking pics... You just confirmed my thoughts and thanks for the links. Done Deal. Now that this SSS may have a spot at SEMA puts it in a new light on things like that. I'm wondering if I should do SS badges or not?

Edited by jaxxon (see edit history)

I was thinking the same thing today when taking pics... You just confirmed my thoughts and thanks for the links. Done Deal. Now that this SSS may have a spot at SEMA puts it in a new light on things like that. I'm wondering if I should do SS badges or not?

If you do I would have them milled out of stainless and polish them. It will be a nice touch.

On the puke line here is how it cleans it up

CAM00537_zpscc40ca57.jpg

If you do I would have them milled out of stainless and polish them. It will be a nice touch.

On the puke line here is how it cleans it up

CAM00537_zpscc40ca57.jpg

That is awesome! I'll have my guy mill, polish and install then post some pics... Adam, I usually head up there on Friday's but you can stop in anytime to see it.

• 2 months later...

Omg! Awesome and holy shit are all I can think of. I had plans on doing mine similar to some of the stuff you did. Might be having a conversation with some questions. Love it man!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! video (hopefully by mid-dec) I was concerned about the tires being too stretched on 14"s but once dropped on the concrete I'm ok with the way they fit. Custom roll pan and front bumper cover finally painted after 6 months at the painter. lol :-)

Think we should polish the exhaust alum. face plates to match the wheels?

Thanks! video (hopefully by mid-dec) I was concerned about the tires being too stretched on 14"s but once dropped on the concrete I'm ok with the way they fit. Custom roll pan and front bumper cover finally painted after 6 months at the painter. lol :-)

Think we should polish the exhaust alum. face plates to match the wheels?

I say leave the exhaust alum. how it is, gives it a nice contrast and kinda aggressive looking

Not a fan of the exhaust out the side of the bed. BUT, your truck is amazing! And that exhaust is very well put together! This thing is really going to stand out from the rest! Looking forward to seeing it run.

Not a fan of the exhaust out the side of the bed. BUT, your truck is amazing! And that exhaust is very well put together! This thing is really going to stand out from the rest! Looking forward to seeing it run.

Theres your fuel cell Justin! Lol. And with that fuel tank gone, it allows you to build a very nice X pipe exhaust.