Resto-mod SSS

jaxxon

So you the truck I drool over when WBD posts pictures. You ever talk to (Brad) shadowsniper3006 and I seen (Joe) SS Muscle Truck has got ya. I cant wait till I would see this out for a photo op with my slow truck, and Brad and Joe up for a meet.

Who's (Joe) SS Muscle Truck? Wow! someone dumber than me to throw more than 75K at an SSS :happysad:

Edited by jaxxon (see edit history)

if i had 75 grand ... i would have a Z06

It's over time as you build it you don't realize how much you spend... I bet you've never added up your ALL receipts and you have more than you think into yours... Z06 are cool but anyone can go to a dealer and buy one. I like one of a kind builds myself.

It's over time as you build it you don't realize how much you spend... I bet you've never added up your ALL receipts and you have more than you think into yours... Z06 are cool but anyone can go to a dealer and buy one. I like one of a kind builds myself.

No offense intended.... and i have added the money I have invested in my truck over the years and it is alot... i like one of a kinds myself, i like the idea of going to a car show and being the only one there thats a SSS. I have had alot of rotten luck with building horsepower with this truck...ie all the money i have spent. And to tell you the truth knowing what i know now i probably wouldnt do it again ..to much down time... to much heartache and way to much money. If i had to do it all over i would buy something badass right off the showroom floor and avoid all the formentioned crap. I wish you all the luck in the world with your build. Looks like she is going to be a monster... can't wait to see the finished product

No offense intended.... and i have added the money I have invested in my truck over the years and it is alot... i like one of a kinds myself, i like the idea of going to a car show and being the only one there thats a SSS. I have had alot of rotten luck with building horsepower with this truck...ie all the money i have spent. And to tell you the truth knowing what i know now i probably wouldnt do it again ..to much down time... to much heartache and way to much money. If i had to do it all over i would buy something badass right off the showroom floor and avoid all the formentioned crap. I wish you all the luck in the world with your build. Looks like she is going to be a monster... can't wait to see the finished product

Absolutely no offence taken SSMT. I've learned over the years that even in the seemingly best motor build that the HP is in the tune... I too have built a motors that kill in parts spec but not tuned by a great tuner/dyno guy and had big letdown at the dyno. The engine builder and the tuner have to work together and then you get the big HP.

So to counterpoint your arguement, :cool: I've found the creative process of building this SSS with a group of super talented guys has trumped owning a sports car that any guy with a good credit or cash can just buy off the showroom floor. The creative process of what this SS has evolved into over the past two years has been equally as sweet the build is turning out. I do have to admit I get a bit of anxiety every time I write a check but it's worth it. Anyway here are a few more pics I took today...

post-6011-0-81414100-1368768915_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-61897400-1368768946_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-90774000-1368769005_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-49627000-1368769058_thumb.jpg

Lithum ion battery box -kept down low... same with fuel cell. The roll pan covers both by about 2"

The green tape (below) is the shape we are doing for the exhaust cut out surround - it will do a 90 degree and go inside the cut outs. Much bettter I think?

post-6011-0-22683200-1368769767_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-92181900-1368769813_thumb.jpg