Resto-mod SSS

jaxxon

pretty sure he wasnt claiming 800+ to the wheels, but the possibility is there; therefore, better to build a little more than needed just in case....

agreed.

That equation isn't always true partner... Many other factors go into it.

absolutely, no two trucks are the same, those numbers are just ballpark figures.

I like that a lot! I better shoot that over to my fab guy now. Thanks a ton!! It has more "finished" looki than the tear drop I had sketched out on the painters tape. I'm wondering if it could do a 90 degree inward bend where you have the straight part on the inside between the two pipes? And nice flush flat head screws vs rivets?

that does look really sharp. Me likey! :thumbsup:

I would use 1 4" tube. The two into one stuff doesn't look great IMO. The fab cost can be spent in other areas. Like polished arp bolts to fancy up the fasteners on the external engine parts.

Ya you have a good point but there is so much room up front as the battery tray is moved to the back behind the rear axle. And for some reason I think the dual induction will look trick and my fab guy's hourly rate is very reasonable. But I do like this carbon tube a lot because I'm big on saving weight not adding it. But me knowing me, I'll probaly do something close to the aluminum plate one seen at SEMA. (below pic)

post-6011-0-26607000-1369156012_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-76651900-1369156027_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaxxon (see edit history)

Yeah. Might wanna go staggerd with a smaller rim on the rear and get some rubber on it. It'll limit your brake kits, as most won't fit under anything smaller than a 20". But it'll have that drag truck look with huge tires in the back.

Yeah. Might wanna go staggerd with a smaller rim on the rear and get some rubber on it. It'll limit your brake kits, as most won't fit under anything smaller than a 20". But it'll have that drag truck look with huge tires in the back.

Thats what I run and I have also heard great things about them. No issue with traction on my SSS but the AWD does help also.

Jesus! Mr. Money bags over here! Total custom body off fab work, fully adjustable suspension, all new paint, 900+hp motor with a trans to support it, custom rims, interior, etc. Sounds like we found the next cover for Truckin Magazine. Gonna be a hell of a truck. 2WD will be a blast, and a nice wide tire in the rear will look great. Ive never been in a 900 hp truck, but sounds like hooking up wont be too easy. Hopefully you find some badass tires to support it. I hear great things about BFG KDWs, and theyve got Z-rated tires for 22" wheels. Might be worth looking in to.

Ok since we have a bullet proof Wegner LS415 so we can safely :) boost it pretty high. (famous last words lol) So depending on the tune/boost West Bend Dyno is expecting to see around 775 Hp at the wheels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A few new pics... All the wiring is complete, trans in, custom two piece draftshaft is in. Waiting on wheels (Raceline Illusion 14"x 20" Rear 9"x 20" front) I don't have a pic but we went with a custom fab'd (what else?) :) single intake tube with a pretty trick cold air "box" (all polished alum.) More pics come soon... We modded did a Hummer consol to fit in the SS and massaged a B&M shifter into it, plus quite a few interior mods that I think most folks will like.

post-6011-0-01595800-1378308574_thumb.jpgpost-6011-0-24072100-1378308593_thumb.jpgpost-6011-0-88982200-1378308609_thumb.jpgpost-6011-0-52776700-1378310708_thumb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Bend-Dyno-Tuning-LLC/200534477046 The go-fast guys in WI

last time i was out there i saw the "tubs" that they fabbed up for the rears. Looked killer. I met the fab guy to, pretty cool guy.

Thanks! Your talking about Nick (fab guy) ...so I hear he was born into the racecar fab biz and it shows in his work. Everything he has touched on my SS has been magical. What is he 24 max? Crazy talent for his age or any age...

More pics... We are shooting for completion pre-SEMA (Nov. 1) We may have a spot for it there with a vendor. Made some progress under the hood but one thing leads to another as being work being C-L-E-A-N and custom vs anything stock that doesn't look right.

post-6011-0-93042600-1379124211_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-12043600-1379124230_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-43668400-1379124258_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-37311100-1379124280_thumb.jpg

looks good. However just food for thought. I would change the coolant surge tank cap and use 1/4 Stainless hardline to run the puke line. It would just clean the tank up a bit more.

Here is a cap we use a lot on our custom radiators

http://www.billetspecialties.com/cooling-components/radiator-caps/notch-grip-radiator-cap/

Here is another we have used

http://www.streetrodgarage.com/billetradiatorcap.aspx