Resto-mod SSS

jaxxon

Hey guys,

I'm building a SSS (2004), it's a 2wd conversion with Ride-tech based custom 4 link rear/front air suspension. The theme of the SS is sort of a mix of Pro-Tour/Modern Pro-Street.

I'll post progess pics of the build if anyone is interested in seeing the progress. J

Edited by jaxxon (see edit history)

Jesus! Mr. Money bags over here! Total custom body off fab work, fully adjustable suspension, all new paint, 900+hp motor with a trans to support it, custom rims, interior, etc. Sounds like we found the next cover for Truckin Magazine. Gonna be a hell of a truck. 2WD will be a blast, and a nice wide tire in the rear will look great. Ive never been in a 900 hp truck, but sounds like hooking up wont be too easy. Hopefully you find some badass tires to support it. I hear great things about BFG KDWs, and theyve got Z-rated tires for 22" wheels. Might be worth looking in to.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Jesus! Mr. Money bags over here! Total custom body off fab work, fully adjustable suspension, all new paint, 900+hp motor with a trans to support it, custom rims, interior, etc. Sounds like we found the next cover for Truckin Magazine. Gonna be a hell of a truck. 2WD will be a blast, and a nice wide tire in the rear will look great. Ive never been in a 900 hp truck, but sounds like hooking up wont be too easy. Hopefully you find some badass tires to support it. I hear great things about BFG KDWs, and theyve got Z-rated tires for 22" wheels. Might be worth looking in to.

Thats what I run and I have also heard great things about them. No issue with traction on my SSS but the AWD does help also.

Yeah. Might wanna go staggerd with a smaller rim on the rear and get some rubber on it. It'll limit your brake kits, as most won't fit under anything smaller than a 20". But it'll have that drag truck look with huge tires in the back.

Part of me wants to go with Pro-Street look but we've been planning this truck to handle as well. We even are running a dry sump oil system for the track, I suppose its nice to have regardless... http://www.precisionenginetech.com/tech-explained/2009/05/22/dry-sump-oil-systems/ We have everything worked thru but the wheel tire/combo. I know this won't handle but what about this look? http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/projects.php?vehicle=v4

So ya the Wegner Motorsports built blown LSX is about 900hp @ crank - so we are looking at maybe 825hp @ the wheels. If you guys really want to see pics during the SSS Build

I'm sure the guys West Bend Dyno (WBD) will shoot you pics of the build so far (on Facebook) http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Bend-Dyno-Tuning-LLC/200534477046 or request they post them here. So ya I don't get excited at matrerial things that much (if at all) but this truck is going to be insanely sick. And I'm a dumbass for spending so much cake on it but the guys at WBD are doing a killer job so far and really know what they are doing.

Im sure it'll be a crazy ride. I love to wrench though and thats half the excitement. id rather have a vehicle that ive put a lot of work into myself rather than buy one that already has everything done. It becomes more personal and you really connect with your truck during the build. Its hard to see myself ever selling my truck. I know every nut and bolt on that thing, and have A LOT of blood and sweat into it, as a lot of others on this site have into theirs.

Im sure it'll be a crazy ride. I love to wrench though and thats half the excitement. id rather have a vehicle that ive put a lot of work into myself rather than buy one that already has everything done. It becomes more personal and you really connect with your truck during the build. Its hard to see myself ever selling my truck. I know every nut and bolt on that thing, and have A LOT of blood and sweat into it, as a lot of others on this site have into theirs.

Ya know I know what you are saying about wrenching yourself. Totally get it and been there... I just don't have the time anymore.

Plus, there are many things I would have to sub out anyway. I'm not an engine builder, custom vehicle fabricator/welder, painter, suspension expert or a mechanic. So no MID12 I'm not building the whole truck myself (does anyone?) but as the conductor of the show making the decisions on the build, I'm far from buying a truck already built. Lastly, my goal here isn't to brag but to seek advice/get opinions and if anyone shows interest post the progress. Just read your build list, that things sounds bad ass!! What hood is that?