Best transmission fluid

http://www.goodsenseoil.com/G2457-GearOilWhitePaper.pdf

Found this while I was doing some research. Keep in mind that AMSOIL made this test and as a result it is probably extremely biased :P (You'll note that the final test results have a freaking HUGE difference between each brand & amsoil, literally an impossibly large gap in my opinion.) Also it's from 2007 and I'm sure that all of these companies "tested" have developed or at least encompassed/adopted new technologies. I guess, basically, take it with a grain of salt, but it's an interesting read.

I haven't been able to find a current test like the one I linked unfortunately.

For me personally, I'll probably continue to use Royal Purple as I've never heard anything bad nor had a bad experience with it.

No prob just stating why I like it. Like I say it's been great for me and yeah I pay a little more for it but so far so good. I'm sure other fluids are great but it's hard to change when it working so good for me.

you would make a great salesman for amsoil brotha, tell them u want on the payroll

Ok so I talked to a guy at yank converters today and when I started this post I was asking is about the type of fluid that is best to use so the guy at yank confirmed a full synthetic is not recommended although dex6 is not full synthetic therefor that's what he said to run or dex3 so when I was told not to use synthetic he was right but never said dex6 is not full synthetic so this post should be usefull to someone that might ask the same question

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

I would think you can use the Dex 6 with no probs, but you can always give them a call and ask! I have a bud of mine with a FLT tranny he runs it with no probs.

I would think you can use the Dex 6 with no probs, but you can always give them a call and ask! I have a bud of mine with a FLT tranny he runs it with no probs.

I have been trying to call chuck but his phone just rings and rings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm waiting to hear back from chuck now I only talked to yank but I'm using a yank converter with FLT transmission yank said dexron 3 or dexron 6 so if chuck says dexron 3 then that it is

I'm waiting to hear back from chuck now I only talked to yank but I'm using a yank converter with FLT transmission yank said dexron 3 or dexron 6 so if chuck says dexron 3 then that it is

Let me know because he is not answering my calls.

Guys this isnt rocket science. Yes Dex 6 is good to use, Dex 3 is still ok to use as well. Its not going to grenade if you use it.

Its like pouring in 10W-30 oil into an engine that says 5W-30 oil. Its gonna be ok

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Guys this isnt rocket science. Yes Dex 6 is good to use, Dex 3 is still ok to use as well. Its not going to grenade if you use it.

Its like pouring in 10W-30 oil into an engine that says 5W-30 oil. Its gonna be ok

:withstupid:

dex 3 was known to coagulate in cold temps iirc which is why gm made dex 6... i run dex 6 in my FLT and its been fine for 3 years now

Let me know because he is not answering my calls.

X2 been trying for a few days now...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The thread was not made to reinvent the wheel just to hear opinions. Like brands types it says best transmission fluid not what transmission fluid will grenade your transmission. So full synthetic could cause clutch plate slippage under full throttle and dex6 is not full synthetic and has friction modifiers to prevent slippage which makes it ok to use dex3 is not synthetic and also doesn't need friction modifiers added to prevent slippage. If you already knew this then the thread is not for you and for those that didn't you just learned something and the thread did its job because I think we can all agree that nobody likes a slipping transmission.

Ive always ran the oreilly brand dex 3 in both my 65 and 80e transmissions and never had a problem with the fluid. Synthetics are good to protect against high heat in the transmission but if it gets to that point that your transmission fluid is THAT hot to warrant a synthetic fluid being in there, youve already phucked up something else. Dex 3 is more than sufficient for your transmission and half the cost of amsoil or mobil fluids. Just my .02