Amplifier/Sub Installation

IdriveGTP

should ahve read this before installing mine... i put the converter in the dash behind the stereo as the isntructions said "install it at the stereo and not the amp...  :banghead:  oh well its installed and hits hard so its all good!!

And you don't have any CD skipping from the Bose head unit? I listened to tienda's system and when he pushed it up over about 115db the head unit started skipping. I was going to wait until I changed out my head unit but if the Bose works for you I might just go ahead and buy the PAC line adapter...

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good pics, that exactly how I had mine, but now the fuse part of the wire is all messed up so I have to get a new breaker for the power line. Thanks for the pics, I'll keep ya posted on all the fun times I'm having with this thing :banghead:

Thanks for the pictures and info, I'm using the PAC model to install a Lanzar Vibe amp (450x2 watts at 2 ohms) to a set of Infinity Perfect 12.1 Dual Voice Coil subs. I took my backseat out (and my under seat storage box) to do the work. Thank you for the pictures and the info, it will greatly assist me in doing the same deal. I'm building a custom box for my truck, it's not going to be anything overtly fancy pants (I'd use fiberglass, but I'm an MDF guy).

I'd send pictures, but I'm afraid the SilveradoSS and the stereo setup killed my "I have extra cash to buy a digital camera" fund :D

Does anyone have a good brand to go with if you want to hook up an external source? Crutchfield had a company (USA Spec) that had a component that allowed you to hook up two additional inputs to the factory deck. That's all I really have left to do...I just want to be able to add my Archos 20 gig MP3 player to the truck and be rollin'.

Anyway, thanks for the detailed information. It helped a lot!

-Leupy

My Infinity Perfect 12.1's only need 1.0 cubic feet for a sealed box. I think 1.6 if it's ported. I never had a problem with them, and they were extremely loud when I had a set in my camaro (with an infinity beta amp running 300x2) so I'm sure 450x2 is going to be more than enough. They're only rated to 350 watts RMS, so I'm not going to be blasting this monster. With about half the airspace (sealed) that my camaro had, I'm sure this thing is going to be louder than before. (airspace meaning there wasn't a closed trunk in the camaro, so the sound vibrated the entire passenger compartment, instead of the truck where it's only half that space).

Where you may not decide to buy at crutchfield, they offer a compare model option on just about everything. So you can pick a bunch of Subwoofers and compare all of their stats side by side online. It may help you find a good speaker that doesn't need much air to operate.

you can just unsnap the panel along the doors and it lifts off easily as long as you do it slow. Once the power wire is ran from the battery area you just run it along the panel, theres actually a groove that will fit everything. after that I just lifted the carpet up some and pushed to the back and pulled it through. It was actually really easy. The pics show great detail how to do everything

Sorry for the dirty pictures of the truck but,

is this the plastic part you are referring to?

Img1.jpg

My only concern is it looks like i would have to remove the seat to fully remove this part as shown below, which I don't really want to do.

img2.jpg

I was wondering if there is any way to pull off the parts infront of behind this part and be able to fisht eh wire throguth. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Bob

Thats the part I am referring to. You dont have to remove the seat at all. Put the seat forward as far as it can go and you will notice that it isn;t all one piece. Its more of a cover that makes it sit more flush with everything. Once the seat is forward you can just start at the back of the piece and gently pop the clips out to the front then in slides out towards you. Once you get it you will see how easy it really is. Just take your time

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, i have one small question for anyone... I have a 1500 Crew Cab and I was wondering if the basic set up is still the same. Is the wiring harness in the same location under the middle consol? If by any chance somebody has the answer, please let me know... thanks

Well....most of the setup is the same....as long as you have the Bose option....

If you do not have Bose on your truck, there is a different LOC that you will need to get, and you won't have the amp under the center console (you will have to add the LOC at the head unit in the dash).

Let us know what you have, and we'll see what we can do!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I put the PAC interface in. Have evry thing hooked up.It shows power to my amp but no sound from my two 1000 watt MA audio subs.also on my PAC unit I dont see the gree lights on.My amp is a Planet Audio vx2200d 2ch :banghead: Why wont it work. help please. What is a tr4???

Archived