Amplifier/Sub Installation

IdriveGTP

looks like i need about 1.5 per sub, i may just sell these and get 2 10's of better quality or 2 more 12's that dont need as much space. I may just build my own box, but first i need to get all the demesions so any help would be nice so i'm not measuring for hours.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basic measurements of my box

55" across

front = 11" height

back = 8" height

14" from front to back

Subs sit 2" up into the box for room to travel.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Did you have to raise the seat for it to fit? Also could you tell me the dimensions for the cross over piece in the center.

Did not have to raise the seat at all, although I took out the insulation in the area directly underneath the box to get just a little bit extra room. I ended up not having to do that in order to get it to fit, but it fits even better now. The space in the center is 24"wide, sinks down 3" in front, and 2" in back. We wanted there to be room for plenty of air to cool the amp. You don't have to put your amp there, and would help you get a little more space. you would also be able to get a little more space if you fiberglassed the bottom of the box to the exact contour of the truck. Let me know if there is anything else that you need.

Aaron

question after u installed the pac unit did all your warning chimes still work if u dont have your front speakers amped other than the bose? maybe i am reading it wrong but it says something about warning chimes working through the front rcas only..

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/pacaoemgm24.html

just curious

Everything worked fine after I installed the PAC. This harness just acts like a Y in the harness running to the Bose amp....It doesn't change anything that the Bose amp controlls....it just gives you a set of RCA's to plug your sub amp into.

• 3 weeks later...
should ahve read this before installing mine... i put the converter in the dash behind the stereo as the isntructions said "install it at the stereo and not the amp...  :banghead:  oh well its installed and hits hard so its all good!!

I have heard people talk about the converter being hooked up to the head unit and not the amp, but when I read my directions (which I ACTUALLY DID for once), it said nothing like that! Mine has worked fine (with the exception of the blown sub), so I won't loose any sleep over it!

Is there a harness in back of the headunit? Wouldn't it just be more of a pain to run everything? Hooking up to the harness looks easy and less time consuming, the directions on the PAC i received showed a detailed picture of hooking up to the amp area

• 2 weeks later...

Archived