20x10 295/45/20 clean on a drop

rossypho

im want to get new rims and tires for my SS. want to run 295/45/20 (bfg g-Force T/A KDW 2) i know 305, yall say they dont rub and i like the g-force alot

so the wheel specs are

• Size: 20x10
  • Offset: -24mm
  • Backspacing: 4.52"
  • Bolt Pattern: 6-139
  • Rec. Tire Size: 305/55-20
  • Weight: 39.2lbs.

i saw the stock wheels are 22 or 21 i cant remember off my head but i dont know the back spacing
    with a 3/4 drop i want to put on soon will these wheels clear? with this offset and backspacing?

for starters, i would never run a 305/55R20... i think you misread or typed that... everybody runs the 305/50R20. a 55 seiries 305 would be TALL (33.3" to be exact). you could run the 305 since its a wider wheel than stock SSS wheel ("technically" the 305 is too wide for stock SSS wheels but it can be done)

those wheels will clear a 3/4 fine, if the drop is done right. i still wouldnt do a 305 IMO. the 295/50R20 (31.6", almost exactly stock size less .25", which wont hurt with a big drop like that- granted stock theyd look a little off but not much) thats just my professional opinion though. good luck!

John :cheers:

Thats kind of funny. I have a 3/4 on the way, was looking at the exact same tires! I wanted to go 22s though, but cant decide on rims...

Think 305/40R22s will fit on a 2/3 drop? My buddy has them on his SS with no issues, but hes stock height.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

im not asking what wheels or tires i should run, only asking if the tires size, and rims spec fit in a 3/4 lowered SSS. anyone running a simulor lower with a tire this wide with a rim spec this close?

im not putting a 295 on a 8.5" rims. im getting a 20x10 rim. that is the recomended size, hell the 20x12 rockstars are cheap, but its to wide for the 295 (i hate lips showing) and im sure i couldnt fit it in there without a lot of trouble.

SSS or TBSS 22" Reps or Boss 330's

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Everyone and their brother runs those. Dont get me wrong, they all look great, just not what im looking for. I like the American Racing 870Circuits. But cant convince myself to pull the trigger on ordering them.

I hated 330's at first. They have grown on me and now I'm looking at getting them in gun metal. I can't convince myself to get TBSS reps in grey or black because they are solid color on the whole wheel same with the SSS reps in black. I like that the 330's have the contrasting lip. I'll have to look at the circuits. Then buy them before you. Just to be a dick :lol:

:jerk:

Edit: they are all yours. Not my cup of tea

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

actually not many rockstars are running around anymore, due to the fact everyone was runnign them. so almost everyone started to get rid of the,. i love the big huge 5 spoke plus you can take away the center caps and they look a bit different. i really wanted a pair of like 6 spoke drifter style rims cuz i think they look clean (i have a pic of a silverado with a pair on) and it gives a bit of a weird look cuz no one has really big thick 6 spokes

^ well you cant run 295's or 305 on a 8.5" wheel...

ok lets face it iv heard worse stores then a 295/20' running a bit of a skinny rims, its shouldnt be done, and really shouldnt be done on a pickup truck due to the more weight being added to increase the poping of the wheel. again i want to run a 20x10 rim and the rockstarts have been a high time favorite of mine for a everylong time. and since im not going to be running rockstars on my diesel (due to a 10lug convertion) only makes sense when i switch tires to run rockstars. thats to kelleyperformance saying itll fit