Fix heated seats

ssBLACKEDOUTss

The net has many different suggestions on what the cause could be so I want to see if anyone on here pinpointed the prob..

When I push the button for the seats all the lights just click and light up for a second, and there is a clicking noise from under the seats. Any ideas on where to start???

Does either side function normailly? On mine the passenger side functioned normally as long as the drivers side was left alone. As soon as the driver activited thier side it shut both sides down, Mine was a short in the drivers back panel heating element.

Does either side function normailly? On mine the passenger side functioned normally as long as the drivers side was left alone. As soon as the driver activited thier side it shut both sides down, Mine was a short in the drivers back panel heating element.

That's what mine does. I made a threat and no one ever chimed in, just "it could be". So when you say a short, what did you do to fix it?

That's what mine does. I made a threat and no one ever chimed in, just "it could be". So when you say a short, what did you do to fix it?

I took the seat skins off my drivers side, and seen that the back one had a ~3in diameter burn mark. So I replaced the entire back heating element. It took awhile to find one, seen the lower seat ones on ebay all the time, but backs for sale was rare. Been working fine for the last three winters.

Have you had this same prob? Do you know where the relay is?

no ive havent had any issues with my seats yet....as far as the relay not off hand idk where it's at let me look thru some service info c if can find it

• 1 year later...