No BS what is the biggest cam lq9

So I have a cam and heads from a ls1 had no issues but I have been reading that lq9/4 are picky. So Im curious what is the biggest cam ppl put in there 6.0 without valve cutting. Please also put what heads you have and anything speacial ie gaskets or shorter pushrods. Thanks

65cc heads, I think 2.055 intake valve but I'd have to check for sure. .041 head gaskets. 235-240 .650-.610 111 cam. About .080 PTV clearance by measuring clay imprint.

However I don't feel big cams in heavy trucks are a great idea unless your in it just for the track time. I'm running a 4500 converter right now just to get this truck close to its power band. And I'm short shifting it at 7200 because I'm not sure it can spin much faster and do it over and over again. Peak power was made right at 7200. Peak torque with a cam like this is a joke, makes only 409 at like 5200 or something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I dont understand why people think the bigger the cam the better it is

I'm with Brian, I know a guy who keeps on up'ing cam sizes and everytime he gets slower at the track.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

X100.

As you can tell Brad has a lot of work done on his and spins his out like a vette does. That usually isn't what our trucks are needing unless your running at the track most if not all the time. Lower duration and a lift to match the flow of your heads and intake and exhaust with a lsa to get you in the power band you are looking at being in is how you would determine the selection. Donkey dick cams are for the track and bragging rights!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Lift has very little effect on PTV clearance. Duration is what causes problems with it. You can run say a 210/212 .700/.700 can with no PTV issues but have problems with a 235/250 .500/.500.

Lobe separation also has an effect on PTV clearance.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2