06 Silverado 5.3L Cam options

Got a few options on the table, wondering what people thought of my choice:

Comp Cams 7955-16 - Comp Cams Hi-Tech Pushrods
$136
GM Gen III/LS1/LS2/LS6 350 c.i. 8 cyl. 1997-PRESENT (Three-Bolt)
$400
Comp Cams 850-16 - Comp Cams High Energy Hydraulic Roller Lifters
$217
$753+Taxes+S&H+Tune

Your cam choice is a popular one, but there are a few questions you need to answer in order to see if that is the right cam for you......what are your goals? What is your budget? What are your current mods?

Your pushrod choice is fine, however I think you can do better on pricing, a place like Texas Speed ( http://www.texas-speed.com ) can get you everything you need including the cam for less I am sure. The stock lifters are sufficient, no need to change them unless you plan on pulling the cylinder heads. There are some other things you need to add to the list like valve springs, fuel injectors, gaskets, etc. For a conclusive list of pretty much everything needed for a cam swap and relative cost, see my build thread "Cam swap on a budget" http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/61329-cam-swap-on-a-budget/

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Yeah like stated above you need to add a couple items and I got the same rods off eBay for 110$ shipped. Good luck and take your time and pick your parts. You wannabe sure everything works hand and hand with each other so it will run its best and meet your goals.