best tires for our trucks?

chrisprater

Yeah. I had LS2s on my 1997 chevy. I loved 'em. They were great all seasons, but since i already have blizzaks for winter, i regret not going with a tire like the BFG KDW 305/50r20. They are ultra-high performance summer tires. They look mean, and definitely look like they can take some punishment. These are what Krambo was running on his truck when he didnt have his Pacesetter drag radials.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go to some chrome 22" reps for summer. Every review I have read on LS2's have been horrible. Then all good things here. I love my Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus tires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

With reviews I find that most people that write them, they dont take care of the tires like you are supposed to with proper rotations, air checks, balances, and dont keep up on alignments and suspension components. Most people just run the vehicle into the ground and then blame the tire for not lasting. Im on my 3rd set of the LS2's and dont have a single complaint. Most of the people anyway complain about everything, they want a tire that will last forever and not wear, but then be good in all weather and have no road noise.....

Haha well i put my LS2s back on the show room floor. Decided i didnt want them. Haha back to the drawing board... Hmmm. What to get.. I dont want an all season tire, as i have blizzaks for winter. Just a badass summer tire. Something with lots of grip for the street/strip. Ideas?

Cant go wrong with the Nitto 420. My wife has them on her TBSS and the tire surprised me at how well it did. Its like glue in the summer and holds extremely well in the rain. I will be getting some for my summer wheels this year.

I remember the original LS-2's that were on my truck as being dangerous on anything but a dry road. I've had alot of different tires over the years, and these by far were the biggest pieces of crap I have ever had on a vehicle that I own.....

Got any pics?! Im wanting to get a set myself. Where'd you get them?

Bought them at America's tires. And no pictures of just the tires but give me a few hours and when I get off of work i'll take some pics.

Edited by Harbor_SS'n-it (see edit history)

American tire can get me Nittos for $900. They said they dont make KDWs in 20in. I said :icon_bs:

Im looking at some right now on tire rack. I was gonna open a RO at work and just order up a new set of rims/tires from tire rack, but of course they dont frickin carry Nitto tires! Bastards. Id have to go with the KDWs if i order from tire rack. To get Nittos, i gotta order out of oregon, and pay $900 cash, when i can get ahold of BFG KDW 2s for $750, and make payments. Thats why i was gonna go ahead and order up some 22s to go with the KDWs, just gotta choose a set! Was thinking 305/40ZR22

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Looking at some 22x9.5 rims. Stock SS rims are 20x8.5. And I've seen Krambo run a 20x10 with 305s, so I'm sure the 22x9.5s won't have any clearance issues. But an option when ordering the rims is the offset. You have the choice of a 15, or a 30. What's the difference and what is best? Recommended tire size is 275/45R22