best tires for our trucks?

chrisprater

The factory Eagles are a perfectly capable tire, however do not usually live up to the rated mileage. .

Shaun

I wonder if these people are doing rotations, air checks and re balances every 5K miles. I only had to put two sets of the Eagles on my old truck, it had 142,000 miles on it. Each set lasted 70,000 miles.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hankooks All the way! I loved those tires! And pretty well priced!

+1 on the Hankooks. I figured I would try them because they were priced right, the reviews were good and my Scorpions were done. I was really impressed with how well they have done on wet and slick conditions, as well as dry.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Just got a set of Cooper Zeon's today. I wanted something a little more AT like and they look pretty awesome. Read a bunch of reviews and they were right in line with I wanted for up here in Washington state. No real feedback other than that. Sounded about the same as my Hankook Ventus ST's on the drive home.

On a side note, I've got a set of Ventus ST's to sell 275/55/R20 (Stock size) with a decent amount of tread left.

I run the stock Goodyear's for winter on a 20" non SS factory wheel & 22" Nitto 420's for summer. Great combination for the different seasons in Minnesota, the truck had no issue with the 10" snowfall yesterday. Originally thought about winter tires then it would be unstoppable.

Good luck with the choices, many to choose from to fit the needs & look you are after.

Running Bridestone Blizzaks. Haha. They are the king of the road with AWD in the winter. Ive got a brand new set of Eagle LS2s for the summer. Gonna get some 1/4 mi times this summer. Im sure they'll work fine for that.

This gets my vote and what i have installed on my truck they do cost a pretty penny but do come with 90k tread life warrenty.

im with dan to goodyear eagles are junk

I'm going to be putting the Michelin LTX m/s2's on my truck this week (New Jersey).

I thought it was 70k warranty? If it's 90k, thats all the better. :)

Stock Goodyear LS1's on my fronts, LS2's on my rears. The fronts are from factory and thats 10 years old this April. Still have tread and will pass inspection. And like Blown346 said balancing, rotations, and keeping tabs on the tire pressure made mine last to 64,000 miles.

I would buy them again gladly, but I want to try out the Nitto 420s next.

I drive very easy, I baby this truck but I do have my moments.

Stock Goodyear LS1's on my fronts, LS2's on my rears. The fronts are from factory and thats 10 years old this April. Still have tread and will pass inspection. And like Blown346 said balancing, rotations, and keeping tabs on the tire pressure made mine last to 64,000 miles.

I would buy them again gladly, but I want to try out the Nitto 420s next.

I drive very easy, I baby this truck but I do have my moments.

They probably still have tread because you never actually drive your truck...and the stockers suck compared to ALOT of other tires, including the 420's. For winter though I would say Blizzaks without a doubt! There $$ but well worth it, take it from someone who lived in Alaska.

Sent from my 4G Razor

Edited by 907BlownSS (see edit history)

I'm going to be putting the Michelin LTX m/s2's on my truck this week (New Jersey).

I thought it was 70k warranty? If it's 90k, thats all the better. :)

I coulda swore when i bought mine it was 90k warreny, but i just checked michelins site and they are 70k warrenty. but you cant go wrong at all its like riding on feather compared to the eagles that are factory on our trucks