best tires for our trucks?

chrisprater

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a hard one. Sense some members drive their trucks only in the summer months and others do winters and summer. So a sports tire isn't going to work in this case. I run nitto 420s but I don't think they will be a good winter tire at all. It will be interesting.

I love my Goodyear Eagles. Thats the only tire I buy for my truck. We just had over 10 Inches of snow today and my truck goes thru it without a problem. I have no idea why everyone hates on the factory tire.

I don't have any gripes about the stock Goodyear Eagle LS-2 Tires but they are the only tires I've had on my truck so far.

I have run them in snow, up to 6" deep, a few times with no troubles, (AWD truck felt close to unstoppable).

Thinking about trying the Michelin LTX m/s2 soon.

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

The factory Eagles are a perfectly capable tire, however do not usually live up to the rated mileage. Michelin LTX is hands down the best tire you can put on that truck as far as year round/all season. They usually dry-rot before they run out of tread. STAY AWAY from the Pirelli Scorpion ATR. They last a while, but flat spot to beat hell if left parked for a few days.

Shaun

Edited by kcsilveradoss (see edit history)

Well I live in Kentucky as you do...I have http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Parada+Spec-X&partnum=05VR0PSXXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

logo_yokohama.gifParada Spec-X ...305/50/20...

To this point Best all season tire I have owned, We have around 3" of the white stuff this morning and did not slip or spin a bit !!!

I used the Parada Spec-X tires as my all weather tires, in the stock size. Very good tire. I used General Grabber UHP tires in the summer, 305/50-20. Loved them. I replaced the Goodyears early because I didn't like them.

A lot of us up here in the northeast are running Cooper Discoverer HT Plus ... Decent in the snow and great all other times of the year!!!

Just remember, all tires for our trucks are going to have issues in the snow, just due to the width of our tires. They all will want to ride up on the snow under heavy braking.

A lot of us up here in the northeast are running Cooper Discoverer HT Plus ... Decent in the snow and great all other times of the year!!!

Just remember, all tires for our trucks are going to have issues in the snow, just due to the width of our tires. They all will want to ride up on the snow under heavy braking.