Straight From JD Power And Assc

12SecFORDHD

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why thank you :thumbs: I aim to please. :D

If it would make you feel any better, I could mail you another penny?????? :)

Posts like this have a tendency to bring out the worst in people. I understand that. In the past, I have even gotten drawn into some of them myself. However, I learned that reality, logic, and actual facts mean nothing to the blindly brand biased (of any brand). It is what is known as talking to the proverbial brick wall.

Now I just like to go in and make fun of all of them. :jester:

I dont have the time to read this whole thread, so I dont where its gone, and frankly, I dont even know why I'm wasting my time responding, but......

Show you a Z06 that could compete with a cobra dollar for dollar? OK.

The Z06 is all GM parts, built by chevy that can be had for a little under 50K. Fords best attempt was the most recent cobra R, and ford couldnt even build it with their own parts. They had to hit up the aftermarket for parts because they simply dont have the engineering ability to do it on their own. Now, the cobra R went out and got splattered by the CHEAPER Z06 in all perfermance. and, hmmmm.....the Zo6 still came with AC, stereo, PW and all the niceties a 50K car should have. The cobra R????? STRIPPED!

OK, so a cobra can be modded to go faster than a Z06 for a lower investment total. You're still driving a rustang, right? Hell, I saw a yugo at the track hitting low 11s (no sh!t). I bet he had lass that 10K total into it....easily. Would I rather drive a yugo than a cobra? Hell no. Fact of the matter, ford cant do it on their own.

And as I recall, I dont remember the Z06 production lines being shut down over concerns of blown engines, or having mass recalls because they WAAAAAY over estimated their horsepower.....or more truthful, couldnt produce the amount of horsepower they wanted to. Not to mention, not having massive lawsuits due to their SUVs killing more people than a nuclear bomb. Or, being sued by law enforcement agencies for having their service vehicles explode upon rear end collisions. :lol:

As far as sales go, if GM sold all their relative cars under the same badge, they would crush ford in individual sales. Example, the impala/MC/GP/lesabre et al, all compete in the same market. Ford has the taurus and the mercury thing. It wouldnt even be close. Same for truck, compacts, etc.

And you bring up the companies ford BOUGHT, because they needed help in learning how to build vehicles, and couldnt build them on their own. Well, GM is still BIGGER. And check those reliability ratings of those cars they bought. They are nothing spectacular. Caddy is #2 in the world, behind only lexus (and well above ALL the companies ford had to buy). I guess thats why they outsell ford. Hmmmm, lets look up full size SUV reliability ratings (your beloved JD powers)........suburban #1, Tahoe #2, Yukon #3. OK, OK, lets peek at name plates in general, to give ford the upper hand....right? Caddy #2, Buick #5, no ford or ford owned car in the top 5.....but 2 GMs. So, where is Ford? #19, and lincoln #21.starting to get the point yet?

PS: I have a freind with an expedition and we went on a trip in my Tahoe. After driving for a few he turned to me and said "damn, after driving this, my expedition is a piece of sh!t." Straight from a ford lovers mouth ;)

That has got to be the biggest amount of biased drivel I have ever seen in print. Well, maybe not the biggest, but it is certainly up there.

You should congratulate yourself for writing that much and only misspelling 1/2 the words. :rolleyes:

I do not even want to take the time to disect it sentence for sentence..... so I will just say this. Take some time to actually do some reading so you don't mix up your vehicles........ facts (or lack thereof)........ or hype.

You could have written one very short sentence...... and saved yourself alot of embarrassment. Here, I will write it for you: I hate Fords.

See, that was simple wasn't it??? :rolleyes:

I can't believe that I am being dumb enough to even post to this. Ho hum....... I guess I really am very tired. :wtf:

To the rest of the site, I apologize in advance for stooping this low.

Well goody......... we know you can read. :D

Congratulations on your second post here. :troll:

This is not LS1.com. This is not FSC.com. This is not a site of high teens early 20's talking about whos dad can beat up whos dad....... or how big their equipment is (or they wished it was)........ as in "my ____ is bigger than your _____." This is a nice site, where people who own different brands of trucks can talk........ trucks. For the most part, everyone in here are nice people that you might want to get together with and have a BBQ. There are a few exceptions.

The exceptions should go back to the other sites........ from which they came. In other words........ if you can't play nice, don't play.

Like I said in my first post on this thread....... this is a waste of bandwidth. Mervz should just make it go away.

This is my last post on this thread. BTW, I own vehicles of many different brands....... I know....... THE HUMANITY !!!!!

Hey 95Z,

schmidty and Extreme have some pretty good points. We are primarily a forum of SS owners. We bought them because we liked them. Period. Why folks are coming on this board and telling us how much faster the Lightening is beyond me. Who cares? Bottom line, if we'd wanted a Lightening we would have bought one. And, you know what, we can make the SS faster but a Lightening owner can't make his ride roomier. That said, everyone is welcome here. It doesn't matter if they own a Ford or Chrysler product. Bottom line is that almost everyone here is "sport truck" owner. We have that commonality and shared interest and it's fun.

As to your attack on everything Ford. By your own admission you, ".....dont have the time to read this whole thread, so I don't where its gone, and frankly, I don't even know why I'm wasting my time responding, but......" Then don't. That seems like a pretty easy choice to me. Why would you even want to come on a website and, only making two posts, pick a verbal fight with someone when you, by your own admission, don't know what's going on? Seems like you're just looking for an argument with someone.......anyone.....about anything. Have you ever heard that old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say anything at all? It works. It's called common courtesy. We have a couple of argumentative, rude people on this forum already that are pretty much ignored. We don't need any more, thank you.

One last thought. The last time I looked we all lived in America. A place that gives us all the right to be different and think differently. That has been what's made this country the most powerful country in the world. Think about that for a second. Every other form of government has eventually failed miserably and their people have suffered enormously. Why would anyone would get so upset about the person next to them who drives a different car, goes to a different church, has different colored skin or sexual beliefs is beyond me. I look around every day and say THANK GOD we all have the freedoms we have. That person next to me who is different just MAY have a better idea than I had and if so, I can do what he/she did and my life is better.

What's the matter, has Extreme4x4 become ExtremeBaby!  Looks like you met your posting match ford man! <grin> ...just kidding, don't blow a gasket!

Ok, I lied....... I have to post on this thread one more time. :D

First off......... I am a woman, not a man. My name is Gloria...... nice to meet ya !!!!

Second, how is posting obviously inflamatory posts........ that have basically nothing to do with anything except trying to piss people off ok........ but being tired of those types of posts is whining???? I have nothing against a friendly debate......... and we do that here alot. Note I said friendly. There is nothing friendly about telling someone that basically they are an idiot because they are driving a vehicle built by someone who has "killed more people than a nuclear bomb." :wtf:

I like trucks........ I like cars........ I like nice vehicles built by any manufacturer out there. I spend alot of time here, because, short of a few people........ you can actually have a mature conversation here without being called names......... or being told you are stupid........ or listening to some very biased person spew out mistruth after mistruth, after outright lie. If I want that, there are plenty of sites I can go to......... then I can also spend topic after topic talking about Britney Spears boobs, or my significant others sexual prowess. :rolleyes:

I think the SS is a nice truck. I can appreciate why someone would buy it, just like most here can appreciate that my Lightning is a nice truck....... and why I bought it. That is a pleasant change from most web sites.

SilveradoSS.com = good site to talk trucks and have good natured debates with friends. :thumbs:

I wish there were more sites like this out there.

PS...... all gaskets are intact. My ability to absorb BS just goes down severely in proportion to how tired I am. Thanks for caring. :)

Once again I bow out of this thread (not this site, just this thread).

Lee, I agree 100% with what you said. :thumbs: Thank goodness for the freedom to be different. Can you imagine how boring things would be.... or how little we would learn, if we were all the same????

Just thought I'd inject some humor into an otherwise futile thread :rolleyes:.

This should refute the assertion that Ford is always on top.

Sometimes Chevy ends up on top :jester::

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/we.../weird177.shtml

And remember, sometimes the Pole position is not always desirable :nono::

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/ba...ad/bad206.shtml

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled argument :smash:.

Wow...quite a thread. Bottom line is everyone likes their own car or truck the best...just the same way people are about their kids, neighborhood, employer, etc.

Arguing about which truck is fastest or best is futile as there will always be someone out there who has done more mods or is a better liar :rolleyes:

Anyhow, somwhere back a few pages someone said GM has Volvo trucks in their stable of companies...TOTALLY FALSE!

I work for Mack Trucks and we're owned by Volvo AB of Sweden and there is NO CONNECTION TO GM!

To be honest I wish there was...it might cut down on my trips to Gothenberg.

Archived