Straight From JD Power And Assc

12SecFORDHD

Remember cobras with the supercharger have only been out for the 03 model year so give it a little time. He had a stock bottom end and full weight. He has less then $5,000 into his car. Show me a ZO6 that can match that dollar for dollar. Oh wait the ZO6 cost $16,000 more then the cobra stock.

Have you read the latest edition of Motor Trend? (I think thats what it was).

A STOCK Corvette beat a Cobra!! :sick:

I have this feeling that your idea of "performance" is very narrow and strict.

"Performance" encompasses much more than horsepower numbers, vehicle price, etc..

You have to dig deep to find how a car/truck really stands up.

Sure, the Cobra is cheaper, and makes a ton of horsepower. BUT, GM makes more, without a supercharger, with a stiffer high tech frame, and with an overall suspension package that can whip a Cobras ass on the track any given day of the week.

Want to compare trucks? Ok. So, the HD and the SS are close. You argue that GM has not given due credit to the SS name. Again, your narrow minded approach is killing you here. GM doesn't need all these fangled superchargers to get the horsepower.

Remember, SS stands for "Performance at a Chevrolet Price". Again, we come back to "What is performance?".

Well, for trucks, you look at a few things. What is a truck? What do they do? Why do people buy them?

Towing capacity, cargo room, etc.. are large parts of the equation. Have you ever though that possibly drivablity is one of them?

I'm sure as hell, NEVER, going to buy a truck that i have to put away for the winter becuase it won't go in the snow (i live in the NorthEast). Well, GM has you beat there. The SS is a much more rounded and better TRUCK. Not some poseur that wants to be a sports car.

You can spend your money all you want. The fact is, that GM gives better vehicles, stronger engines, and vehicles you can drive everyday to work (and still get your speed fix), without all the ropes of limited traction, superchargers, and regular cabs.

That explains why the SS's are selling as well as they are.

I second that motion. Can I get a witness? :smash:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember cobras with the supercharger have only been out for the 03 model year so give it a little time. He had a stock bottom end and full weight. He has less then $5,000 into his car. Show me a ZO6 that can match that dollar for dollar. Oh wait the ZO6 cost $16,000 more then the cobra stock.

"Performance" encompasses much more than horsepower numbers, vehicle price, etc..

Sure, the Cobra is cheaper, and makes a ton of horsepower. BUT, GM makes more, without a supercharger, with a stiffer high tech frame, and with an overall suspension package that can whip a Cobras ass on the track any given day of the week.

Want to compare trucks? Ok. So, the HD and the SS are close. You argue that GM has not given due credit to the SS name. Again, your narrow minded approach is killing you here. GM doesn't need all these fangled superchargers to get the horsepower.

Remember, SS stands for "Performance at a Chevrolet Price". Again, we come back to "What is performance?".

Well, for trucks, you look at a few things. What is a truck? What do they do? Why do people buy them?

Towing capacity, cargo room, etc.. are large parts of the equation. Have you ever though that possibly drivablity is one of them?

I'm sure as hell, NEVER, going to buy a truck that i have to put away for the winter becuase it won't go in the snow (i live in the NorthEast). Well, GM has you beat there. The SS is a much more rounded and better TRUCK. Not some poseur that wants to be a sports car.

You can spend your money all you want. The fact is, that GM gives better vehicles, stronger engines, and vehicles you can drive everyday to work (and still get your speed fix), without all the ropes of limited traction, superchargers, and regular cabs.

i'll third it! :chevy::thumbs::cheers::flag:

And Mervz put's the smack down on his candy ass :thumbs::chevy:

... You can spend your money all you want. The fact is, that GM gives better vehicles, stronger engines, and vehicles you can drive everyday to work (and still get your speed fix), without all the ropes of limited traction, superchargers, and regular cabs.

And Mervz put's the smack down on his candy ass :thumbs::chevy:

amen... but um, I don't think the words candy, smack and ass should be used in the same sentence when one man is talking about another, hehehe :D

Right on MERVZ! I've got to get in on this. 12secHD asks why our truck gets the SS badge well let me ask you some questions 12sec.

Is 345 hp & 380 ft/lbs torque normal for a truck?

Do 20" rims and good year eagle tires come stock on all trucks?

Is a 3 1/2" tuned exhaust also a stock item?

Is it normal for a company to specially engineer a new stiffer sport tuned suspension for a regular everyday truck?

Do all trucks come clad in leather, white face gages, heated programmable seats, dual climate control, and bose sound system?

Simply put our trucks have filled in that grey area between sports truck & pick-up truck. Our trucks exist in a class all there own. It is above and beyond what is refered to as a "truck" not to be confused with "sport truck" which is why it is and always be the Super Sport of Silverados. ;)

Ford sucks and can not build a motor for shit. That is why they have to put a blower on every damn thing they build to make it go anywhere. Tell ya what pull the blower off the Cobra or a Lighting and see what happends. Those motors suck they do not make any power. Or lets just put blowers on our cars and see what happends. Oh yeah and the big Ford POWERMAKERS 5.0,4.6,5.4 ALL JUNK NEEDS a blower to roll out.

Ford it still JUNK!

I tell you what you get out your Silverado SS and put a blower and anything else you want on it. I bring my truck and we will see who has the junk motor. He is a picture of my Junk motor.

Right on MERVZ! I've got to get in on this. 12secHD asks why our truck gets the SS badge well let me ask you some questions 12sec.

Is 345 hp & 380 ft/lbs torque normal for a truck?

Do 20" rims and good year eagle tires come stock on all trucks?

Is a 3 1/2" tuned exhaust also a stock item?

Is it normal for a company to specially engineer a new stiffer sport tuned suspension for a regular everyday truck?

Do all trucks come clad in leather, white face gages, heated programmable seats, dual climate control, and bose sound system?

Simply put our trucks have filled in that grey area between sports truck & pick-up truck. Our trucks exist in a class all there own. It is above and beyond what is refered to as a "truck" not to be confused with "sport truck" which is why it is and always be the Super Sport of Silverados. ;)

I can get those options in a new caddy, does that mean it is a SS as well. Goodyear is a piece of crap tire. That is why you can get it online for $120 for a 20in tire. Try and get a Pirelli at $300 a tire. No it is not overpriced but just a great tire. Did you ever see a german car come with a Goodyear.

Goodyear is a piece of crap tire. That is why you can get it online for $120 for a 20in tire. Try and get a Pirelli at $300 a tire. No it is not overpriced but just a great tire. Did you ever see a german car come with a Goodyear.

no, and who cares, i bought an american vehicle with an american tire. i wish you would post some useful topics instead of the crap no one cares about. :flag::flag::chevy:

It might not be a very usefull or full of great content. But it is the most active thread on this board and has over 50 posts. So either it is full of crap or there is nothing better to talk about on this forum. just a thought :lol:

it's only this active because we are trying to tell you that the comments you make are not important to us. we don't care how many fords are sold and don't care if german cars come with pirreli tires. :chevy::chevy::chevy::flag:

How many does GMC sell, because ford outsold chevy buy 158,519.

Wow, this thread is really turning the pages...lol...Here is something to ponder on. From our weekly newsletter here at the assembly plant:

"GM beat Ford in the truck race by almost 500,000 units in 2002"

So thats the big picture.

Archived