Straight From JD Power And Assc

12SecFORDHD

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me think about this. Nah chevy is junk, and has a slow ass truck with some over priced SS badges. Oh and what luxuary line does GM own, how about none!

Ford has

1. Jaguar

2. Range Rover

3. Aston Martin

Ford has to put out that many to make it look good due to improper/lies the the public. I.E. The 340 Hspr Cobra. Wrong. Ford racalled them all to rework the motors due to fales advertisment. :nono:

Jaguar is garbage and always will be a over priced pos

a long with the cadilacs.

Range Rovers we got Hummer.

To go down the list:

Saab

Saturn

Olds

Pontiac

Buick

GMC

Volvo Trucks

Wow, whom cares?

It is a pissing contest between to guy back in the 30's and 40's.

Now on the other hand ford make great stuff and floods the market for every one to own it and resale value is garbage. On the other hand. Gm puts out what they need to make it work and get it out, but when it comes to a Collectable Chevy has had more over the past 40 years then Ford and Mopar has even more.

You can brag all you want and say what you need to boost you ego or your motor, but They are having a Big show. Bring your guy's and a case of beers for a fun weekend and lets get it on. I will by the tierra for the winner.

IMHO

Don

The F-150 does have a sister truck, the superduty. The silverado sales include their HD line, as does Sierra. So if we lump Sierra and Silverado, which sell under different but related brand names, then surely we can include the Superduty with the F-150 when they share a brand name.

Ford sucks and can not build a motor for shit. That is why they have to put a blower on every damn thing they build to make it go anywhere. Tell ya what pull the blower off the Cobra or a Lighting and see what happends. Those motors suck they do not make any power. Or lets just put blowers on our cars and see what happends. Oh yeah and the big Ford POWERMAKERS 5.0,4.6,5.4 ALL JUNK NEEDS a blower to roll out.

Ford it still JUNK!

All I have to say is 12secFord, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR TRUCK! So what your truck is fast? So now you are big sh*t? You may smell like it but you come here and post pics of that truck thinking that we care. I think your truck looks bad arse dude! :thumbs: But like I said we dont care about your little Ford facts. We can go back and forth with you and your stupid little arguements all day. You have an opinion as do we. I think as a brand Ford sucks, not all of their vehicles but as a brand. You read what Mervz wrote about GM. That explains it all. Might I ask how old you are? Maybe your age will justify your lack of maturity! Quit being so damn :fume: and be :cool: . I think you need some :sleep: 's b/c your 5 minutes of posting is up!

All I have to say is 12secFord, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR TRUCK! So what your truck is fast? So now you are big sh*t? You may smell like it but you come here and post pics of that truck thinking that we care. I think your truck looks bad arse dude! :thumbs: But like I said we dont care about your little Ford facts. We can go back and forth with you and your stupid little arguements all day. You have an opinion as do we. I think as a brand Ford sucks, not all of their vehicles but as a brand. You read what Mervz wrote about GM. That explains it all. Might I ask how old you are? Maybe your age will justify your lack of maturity! Quit being so damn :fume: and be :cool: . I think you need some :sleep: 's b/c your 5 minutes of posting is up!

:chevy::thumbs:

Doesnt SS stand for Super Sport. What is super about the silverado except those giant plastic air scoops that GM took off of the sunfire. Whey does GM make all of their cars look like they have a 6 in oval exhaust when it is a 1 1/2in with a y split. Wait till the new FORD GT come out, what will chevy do then, nothing.

Doesnt SS stand for Super Sport. What is super about the silverado except those giant plastic air scoops that GM took off of the sunfire. Whey does GM make all of their cars look like they have a 6 in oval exhaust when it is a 1 1/2in with a y split. Wait till the new FORD GT come out, what will chevy do then, nothing.

You know the Ford GT is a nice vehicle! But with production looking at 1000 units and a price tag between 100k to 150k all you can compare it to are vipers and ferraris, you can not compare that vehicle to the corvette unless you are talking c5-r.

:sleep:

• Admin
Remember cobras with the supercharger have only been out for the 03 model year so give it a little time. He had a stock bottom end and full weight. He has less then $5,000 into his car. Show me a ZO6 that can match that dollar for dollar. Oh wait the ZO6 cost $16,000 more then the cobra stock.

Have you read the latest edition of Motor Trend? (I think thats what it was).

A STOCK Corvette beat a Cobra!! :sick:

I have this feeling that your idea of "performance" is very narrow and strict.

"Performance" encompasses much more than horsepower numbers, vehicle price, etc..

You have to dig deep to find how a car/truck really stands up.

Sure, the Cobra is cheaper, and makes a ton of horsepower. BUT, GM makes more, without a supercharger, with a stiffer high tech frame, and with an overall suspension package that can whip a Cobras ass on the track any given day of the week.

Want to compare trucks? Ok. So, the HD and the SS are close. You argue that GM has not given due credit to the SS name. Again, your narrow minded approach is killing you here. GM doesn't need all these fangled superchargers to get the horsepower.

Remember, SS stands for "Performance at a Chevrolet Price". Again, we come back to "What is performance?".

Well, for trucks, you look at a few things. What is a truck? What do they do? Why do people buy them?

Towing capacity, cargo room, etc.. are large parts of the equation. Have you ever though that possibly drivablity is one of them?

I'm sure as hell, NEVER, going to buy a truck that i have to put away for the winter becuase it won't go in the snow (i live in the NorthEast). Well, GM has you beat there. The SS is a much more rounded and better TRUCK. Not some poseur that wants to be a sports car.

You can spend your money all you want. The fact is, that GM gives better vehicles, stronger engines, and vehicles you can drive everyday to work (and still get your speed fix), without all the ropes of limited traction, superchargers, and regular cabs.

That explains why the SS's are selling as well as they are.

Archived