Straight From JD Power And Assc

12SecFORDHD

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so what? :chevy:

So what is ford is one and always will be the king of the hill.

Remember, the Silverado loses some numbers to the GMC, Ford has no sister vehicle.

How many does GMC sell, because ford outsold chevy buy 158,519.

the only figure i could find was that there were 210,154 GMC Sierras sold in North America in 2001...

I will continue searching for more recent info...

LINK

First things first FORD is JUNK and cheep.  Fact of the matter is GM trucks are more expensive and punk as kids can not afford a 30plus thousand dollar truck.  When they get older and grow up they buy real trucks  :chevy:

Let me think about this. Nah chevy is junk, and has a slow ass truck with some over priced SS badges. Oh and what luxuary line does GM own, how about none!

Ford has

1. Jaguar

2. Range Rover

3. Aston Martin

Now GM

Sabb :smash:

It happens to be Saab... and do you not count Caddy as a luxury car? and if you take range rover, then GM gets Hummer.

First things first FORD is JUNK and cheep.  Fact of the matter is GM trucks are more expensive and punk as kids can not afford a 30plus thousand dollar truck.  When they get older and grow up they buy real trucks  :chevy:

Let me think about this. Nah chevy is junk, and has a slow ass truck with some over priced SS badges. Oh and what luxuary line does GM own, how about none!

Ford has

1. Jaguar

2. Range Rover

3. Aston Martin

Now GM

Sabb :smash:

It happens to be Saab... and do you not count Caddy as a luxury car? and if you take range rover, then GM gets Hummer.

The reason that I did not count caddy is becasue I did not count lincoln. Sabb was not a typo, who in your life do you know that would own a saab. Lets take the best of each and Ford has Aston Martin Vanquish $225,000. GM has Hummer H1 for $110,000. If you dont count price into factor then the new FORD GT will be the king of American Cars over Viper and Corvette. Now if you are talking price then give me a Mustang Cobra for $36,000 put in a full Griggs Race suspension for $10,000. Then full exhaust for $1200, Kenne Bell supercharger for $3500, and a built bottom end for $3000. Total $53,700. Now I will pull over 1.3 on the skidpad, run the 1/4 mile in the mid 10's and beat the vette in a salom race. No matter how you put it Ford has a better crop of cars to pick from.

• Admin

The simple reason why GM doesn't have very many vehicles on the top sellers list, yet, sells more cars, and has more market share:

MORE CHOICE!

For every vehicle that Ford sells, GM sells 2-3 vehicles like it and that compete with it.

Lets compare

For full size trucks, Ford sells the F-150. GM sells the Silverado AND the Sierra. If you add the Silverado and Sierra sales together, then GM sells more than Ford.

Ford sells the Hocus Pocus Focus. GM sells the ION, Sunfire AND the Cavalier. No wonder Ford sells more Focuses.

FORD BUYERS HAVE LESS CHOICE

The reason that I did not count caddy is becasue I did not count lincoln. Sabb was not a typo, who in your life do you know that would own a saab. Lets take the best of each and Ford has Aston Martin Vanquish $225,000. GM has Hummer H1 for $110,000. If you dont count price into factor then the new FORD GT will be the king of American Cars over Viper and Corvette. Now if you are talking price then give me a Mustang Cobra for $36,000 put in a full Griggs Race suspension for $10,000. Then full exhaust for $1200, Kenne Bell supercharger for $3500, and a built bottom end for $3000. Total $53,700. Now I will pull over 1.3 on the skidpad, run the 1/4 mile in the mid 10's and beat the vette in a salom race. No matter how you put it Ford has a better crop of cars to pick from.

Get real.. how many people are going to go through that much trouble just to outrun a vette. Also GM has the Corvette Lingelfelter which runs the quarter mile in 9.2 seconds and runs around 165,000.. and ill do you one better

[email protected] MPH

Why cant Caddy be added when you put Jaguar.They have the pos X-Type.GM has the tight ass CTS.I have driven an X-type,its small and under powered.The CTS has more room and I feel better performance.

Range Rover,GM has Escalade,ESV and EXT.The Range Rover might be able to offroad better but for what they sell them for its not worth it.I would rather spend $56000 on a Escalade and take the money I would save instead of buying a Range Rover and mod the hell out of the Escalade.

And have you ever driven a new Saab 93.I used to hate Saab's but after drivening a new 93 Vector it changed my mind big time.

Hey I wonder how long this thread will go??? :D

Get real.. how many people are going to go through that much trouble just to outrun a vette. Also GM has the Corvette Lingelfelter which runs the quarter mile in 9.2 seconds and runs around 165,000.. and ill do you one better

[email protected] MPH

You said how much trouble am I going to go throught not much at all. Then kenne Bell is a direct replacement for the eaton, and about a 4hr job.. The full exhaust is about 4hrs at the muffler shop. The full race supension is about 2 days of work. Then the bottom is 1 full day of work. So at the most the cobra will be done for a week. You want to set the limit to $160,000 then I can go crazy add some Nitrous and new heads, full race tranny and rear end. Get a full 12 point roll cage and still have enought money left over to pay cash for a zo6 and use it as my beater. Dollar for dollar you will never have a Zo6 beat a Cobra. If you know a way then please tell me.

I want you to show me a street legal Cobra that will run a 8.95 in the quarter.

And theres a catch to this-The cruise,ac,radio and all basic items a person would want in a every day car work 100%.Oyeah with cats and full exhaust.

I want you to show me a street legal Cobra that will run a 8.95 in the quarter.

And theres a catch to this-The cruise,ac,radio and all basic items a person would want in a every day car work 100%.Oyeah with cats and full exhaust.

Click on this link for a fast cobra.

http://www.flasvt.com/forum/showthread.php...=&threadid=3910

Remember cobras with the supercharger have only been out for the 03 model year so give it a little time. He had a stock bottom end and full weight. He has less then $5,000 into his car. Show me a ZO6 that can match that dollar for dollar. Oh wait the ZO6 cost $16,000 more then the cobra stock. Like I said before DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR SHOW ME A FASTER Z06 THEN A COBRA.

Archived