Auto-Trak ll or Dexron lV for AWD Tcase?

I was honestly a little surprised to read that some members have used Auto-Trak II in their transfer cases, I know that GM Service Information calls for Dexron VI (actually Dexron III.. outdated much? Lol). Next time around, I might have to try the smurf juice, judging by the responses of those who have used it!

X2^^ I always just followed what the general says in service info! I always thought that the auto running transfer cases were the only ones that could run the blue!

I got Amsoil full synthetic ATF no issues!

Im always trying to do or go one better for my truck. I'm a huge amsoil supporter there products are great so when I check my build list and cross reference something and it says put this I'm all over it. I want my truck to run as good as possible. I'm keeping it for the long haul.

If it came with it then run it why bang your head trying to find something new if it ain't broke don't try to fix it we all trust what works they make the auto trac for this application so use it anyone know that they use auto trac for anything else cause if so it's news to me but it would suck to use something else and then it brakes you'll be kicking yourself in the ass saying why did I do that you don't wanna be that guy do ya use the auto trac P.s. if ya wanna bottle of piss I got time but next thing ya know your wife sniffing glue and your daughters knocked up I've seen it a thousand times but for your wife's sake and your daughters sake use the auto trac it's what works

If it came with it then run it why bang your head trying to find something new if it ain't broke don't try to fix it we all trust what works they make the auto trac for this application so use it anyone know that they use auto trac for anything else cause if so it's news to me but it would suck to use something else and then it brakes you'll be kicking yourself in the ass saying why did I do that you don't wanna be that guy do ya use the auto trac P.s. if ya wanna bottle of piss I got time but next thing ya know your wife sniffing glue and your daughters knocked up I've seen it a thousand times but for your wife's sake and your daughters sake use the auto trac it's what works

On the other hand;

The trucks came with standard, (non synth.) fluid in the front diff. (AWD trucks) and there have been plenty of problems with those front diff's. I doubt that very many of us think that going to synthetic in the front diff is a step backward even though it isn't OEM.

My point being that if your favorite brand of "Super synthetic" is compatible with, or better than, OEM spec's it can't hurt to run it.

There's my 0.02 centavos

Just to let you know auto trac is for auto transfer case I don't use it the front dif I use the same as my rear dif which both are different then the transfer case so if u wanna use synthetic in your front and rear dif I'm with u but I would not use the same fluid in my transfer case they serve two different functions P.s I have 140000 miles on my front dif without one single problem so I must be doing something right oem front dif oem transfer case oem rear dif no problems and I don't baby it at all

On the other hand;

The trucks came with standard, (non synth.) fluid in the front diff. (AWD trucks) and there have been plenty of problems with those front diff's. I doubt that very many of us think that going to synthetic in the front diff is a step backward even though it isn't OEM.

My point being that if your favorite brand of "Super synthetic" is compatible with, or better than, OEM spec's it can't hurt to run it.

There's my 0.02 centavos

I feel the same. I'm always willing to try something that can be better. Oe stuff is good but I want the best I can find.

Not to start a argument but the original post asked what fluid to use in the transfer case how did you think I was talking about the front dif I simply stated my opinion auto trac is the best you can get for the transfer case that's what they made auto trac for I have yet to see another company claim they make a fluid for a auto transfer case if so I'm all ears to real proof

Wait is that my bull or your bull? Id rather just take the butchers word for it. Gotta love tommy boy!

What is that translated into english? Your wife is a drug addict and your daughter is a whore?