Auto-Trak ll or Dexron lV for AWD Tcase?

Ive heard lots of options and mixed opinions for transfer case fluid, but still unsure which is correct. I found an old thread that states Auto-Trak is best and widely used as it has a friction modifier mixed in. But my buddy runs Mobil 1 full synthetic Dexron lV in his escalade. And the service information i have at work states "NVG 149-NP3 (One Speed Automatic) Manual Transmission Fluid GM P/N 88861800 (Canadian P/N 88861801)"

Manual transmission fluid? Is that what Auto-Trak is? A manual trans fluid?

I put fresh fluid and filter in the trans when i dropped in the new motor, now im gonna do the diffs and Tcase. Any info on recommended diff fluids (brand, etc.) would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I have always just used the auto-trak fluid from GM I haven't tried anything else. but I only have 56k on the truck with no t-case or front diff issues. the last 10k miles on the truck have been some hard miles mostly being intown.

I had all drivetrain liquids swapped at 51k with the same exact synthetic fluids that was their before draining. Auto Trak II. Not one issue. Will be doing this again in March/April. I stay with all factory synthetic liquids besides motor oil.

The NVG-149 calls for GM DEX-lll transmission fluid. That's all I ran until some of the guys on here suggested auto trac ll and how much smoother the T case ran. I switched and haven't looked back. That was a few years ago now, use the search button and see if you can dig it up. There was a lot of drive train fluid info in that thread if memory serves.

ATF amsoil same as you put in tranny. Runs and shifts great. Been in there about a year now

Thanks for the input guys. Ill look into the amsoil and see what other full synthetic ATF options are out there. Im sure every major oil company has a full synthetic ATF (royal purple, mobil 1, amsoil, etc.) Ill just be sure that its compatible w/ Dexron lV.

Ill keep digging and see what i decide on. Just thought id get some opinions of whats been tested and what works.

I was honestly a little surprised to read that some members have used Auto-Trak II in their transfer cases, I know that GM Service Information calls for Dexron VI (actually Dexron III.. outdated much? Lol). Next time around, I might have to try the smurf juice, judging by the responses of those who have used it!