Went to buy a SSS

gmcsierragt

Since I sold my SSS with 278k last summer, Ive been wanting to get another, I sold my 05 Silverado RSR #68 last wednesday and then it was time to shop for a new SSS. I had found what seemed to be a decent higher mileage superchargered SSS(163k) on CL http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/3617036617.html so after talking to the guy a few times over the past week and asking any questions I could think of I start my hour and a half drive to go liik at it, On my way the guy calls and says "I got some bad news, I drove it today and the trans is slipping in 2nd" So I figure Im half way there I may as well go look anyways. Well the pics online must be old cause when I got there this truck was filthy inside and out, the motor had a tick, trans slipped in 2nd and had no 4th gear, steering was sloppy and the brakes were almost non existant. This truck was a mess, I offered the guy 7 grand cash in hand but he didnt bite. So I went back to NY for work in my rental car, I was browsing CL and found a 99 Ford Lightning in Brooklyn, Ive looked at a few used lightnings before, the were all beat to hell, rotted underneath, and leaking everything from abuse and neglect. This one was not the case, no leaks tires were replaced a year and a half ago and still have 75% tread runs and drives great but the interior is pretty dingy and worn. But at $6200. I just couldnt pass it up, gotta say this thing is a blast to drive but its no SSS, I figure Ill keep it for a bit then flip it to get a SSS, I need that awd. tryin to post pics but it wont let me????

TRAITOR

MODS BAN HIM TO A FORD FORUM!!!!

Nice looking Lightning. I love those trucks.

I've seen a nice red one here in town.

lol for the price, I had to grab it, figure Id play with it for a lttle while and get it cleaned up and see if I can flip it for a profit, the more I make the more I can spend on the next SSS

Im pretty brand loyal to the GM vehicles. Im not crazy about ford but there is a few ford vehicles I would buy. i know its sad but IMO ford in the last few years has out shined the GM vehicle. I'm trying to stay brand loyal as I get older but its harder with some of the vehicles they are coming out with. But for the price you picked this L up for I'd would have bought it to. nice find good deal to.

Im pretty brand loyal to the GM vehicles. Im not crazy about ford but there is a few ford vehicles I would buy. i know its sad but IMO ford in the last few years has out shined the GM vehicle. I'm trying to stay brand loyal as I get older but its harder with some of the vehicles they are coming out with. But for the price you picked this L up for I'd would have bought it to. nice find good deal to.

Ive always been pro GM but it is harder now, The silverado SS is the last truck they put out that really impressed me but even that should have had more power, Now I can appreciate any of the big 3 but GM is still my favorite, I really hope GM makes a raptor killer, prefably a 3/4 ton diesel

lol for the price, I had to grab it, figure Id play with it for a lttle while and get it cleaned up and see if I can flip it for a profit, the more I make the more I can spend on the next SSS

At that price idda grabbed it too.

Friend had one that he chipped and upped the boost with a different pulley. Wicked fast til the engine blew. Ford refused to honor the warranty. :lol: