Cam for DD

Most power bands start in at around 2,500 RPM to 6500 RPM.

Most of the popular mild to mildly aggressive cams here on the boards like the Comp XR275HR, TSP220R, 224R, and 228R all have power bands that range from bewteen 1200 - 1800rpm all the way up to 6200 - 6800rpm depending on the cam....

The XR265HR in question has a power band of 1200-6000 or 1400-6700 depending on the options you pick....

Most of the popular mild to mildly aggressive cams here on the boards like the Comp XR275HR, TSP220R, 224R, and 228R all have power bands that range from bewteen 1200 - 1800rpm all the way up to 6200 - 6800rpm depending on the cam....

The XR265HR in question has a power band of 1200-6000 or 1400-6700 depending on the options you pick....

I don't want to have to replace my TBTC just because of the cam size which I why I was thinking mild. Whats the difference really between the high lift and low lift of the XR265HR?

And how do they compare to the Ligenfelter GT11 cam?

I love how most of the ones giving suggestions have never installed a cam and let alone should be giving cam choice help. In my opinion......

im curious as to who your referring to, i went back and looked and just about everyone has at least a cam in their truck except mugs, but what he posted wasnt incorrect info.. :wtf:

Sorry I dropped of the face of the earth, got a stomach flu... Not fun.

Anyways. I think for my needs I will be going with the xr265, hardened push rods and ls6 springs. Should I also go with an ls2 timing chain?

You can if you wish to, but it is not a necessity....

I'm running a MS3 237/242 .603''/.609'' in my 95 z71 with a LQ9 and vigilante 3600 convertor. It's been my DD for a year now.

that's a badass cam I ran the magic stick 3 in my WS6 with a Yank converter, was a fast set up! Edited by MuggSS (see edit history)