04 4.8L 5MT SC build.

SIXJAK

I mod on the down low.

...... we have alot in common..... do as much as possible that way.. besides it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission..... if she finds out. lol.. nice truck you got there

• 2 weeks later...

I mod on the down low.

...... we have alot in common..... do as much as possible that way.. besides it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission..... if she finds out. lol.. nice truck you got there

Yes it is easier to ask forgiveness. Thank you, I really love the truck.

Just ordered a license plate flip up kit and a hidden hitch from Summit. Took two days to arrive (way to go Summit)

Took it to the shop and had them install it.zasu7aqu.jpgzejatyty.jpg7agu2e6u.jpg

It should tow the boat just fine now.

nice truck. makes me want to supercharge my 5.3. How you liking the tvs so far?

I absolutely love my Maggie with the HP tune. It runs like OEM and the little 4.8 feels like a big block now. Quick enough to annoy challengers and mustangs. Ha ha.

It may seem like I'm going backwards but there's a method to my madness. A mechanic at the shop that installed the hitch, hounds me every time he see's me for my wheels. It's all in good fun. When I bought the truck it came with those wheels and they look alright. 20's with 50 series rubber. Very heavy and made the truck feel very ponderous with all of that unsprung weight. I've been wanting a set of winter rims/tires as well as some black 20" Forgeline's with 35-40 series rubber. My plan was to wait for those tires to wear down a bit and then sell then go from there.

Before 4u2aqeha.jpg

After

yha8uguv.jpg

How's this for a nice sleeper look? These tires have just over 600 miles on them.

What the OEM's came off and what my wheels went onto:

jeqyjepe.jpg

I'm half way there.

I should be doing the e fan swap here in the next couple of weeks.

Also I'll be replacing the clutch soon and my wife knows that. However it does present an opportunity to do some things that she doesn't necessarily need to know about. I think I'll be doing a cam and a smaller pulley and a new tune of course. Any suggestions? Would that be a good time to do a new TB? And no I'm not doing an LQ9 or a 5.3 at this time so I'm not interested in those suggestions at the moment.

Edited by SIXJAK (see edit history)

Any suggestions on a cam, heads etc? I am looking for a performance increase. I've got a very mild 3.6" pulley for the TVS 1900. Would like to get a smaller pulley to go with upgraded cam. I want this to be DD drive-able as my wife drives it from time to time. I'm also replacing clutch as well as installing a posi rearend. It doesn't do so well pulling the boat out of the lake on one leg.

Well I went to Show-Me Speed today (yesterday) and met with Wes Choate owner of Show-Me Speed I ordered some fun. I was going to do this eventually but last Wednesday I bought this

2azymu8y.jpg

And pulling her out of the lake on one leg is quite the challenge. Of the two boat ramps I like to use I can only currently use one with traction grooves cut into it with this 1WD rig. I only made it half way up the other ramp and had to put the boat back into the water and hitch the trailer to my Wrangler which walked it right out no prob. Unfortunately it's 3500# tow rating and 4 pin connector aren't a good idea to tow the boat. Here's my preliminary shopping list:

ahu4u4y9.jpg.

The exact grind on the cam changed from whats on the paper after discussing the needs/goals for the truck. I'm also going from a 4.1" pulley to a 3.6" pulley which should put me up around 10-11#'s of boost. Right now I'm running 6#'s. and the rearend gearing will be 3.73. Stock is 3.42. And we'll be doing an Eaton posi instead as well.

I'm going to have the new clutch and rear end installed over this coming Sun-Mon-Tue as I'm going out of town with the missus. The rest I'll have installed in August when I'm out of town for 8 days.

They sent the wrong clutch and so we got the right one now or at least one that works for this application. It's a Centerforce dual friction. I wish I was more mechanically inclined with the time and spousal support so I could do all of this myself. I can do some things but stuff like this is way outside my wheelhouse.qesudype.jpg

Edited by SIXJAK (see edit history)