Staggered on a AWD SS will this be a issue?

EgoAlex1

@

canadianVRss!

i was only changing 2 at a time due too having 1 to many toys and beening a full time single father. an i order the wrong 2 and was gonna mount them; then he stepped in an stop me. FYI change all 4 at a time or end up like mine blowin transfer case! Transfer case new from dealer $1700 but i got an account.so ima save unlike some others!

I absolutely agree with you, in fact ssfast said that all 4 should be changed as well, and I agreed with him too.

Notice in this post I bolded *NEW* (actually this is the post I was agreeing with ssfast on)

That I agree with you on. A tire can wear down quite a bit. But if I was going to change my tires and wanted a little more traction I wouldn't hesitate to go with NEW 305/50/20r (32.01" over all diameter) in the back and NEW 275/55/20r (31.91" over all diameter) in the front. Like I said, 1/10 of a inch could be as much as a slightly under inflated tire.

I never said in anyway that new and used tires could be used together.

Using NEW tires of different widths is OKAY as long as the rolling diameter is extremely close like a 275/55/R20 and a 305/50/R20.

They're only 1/10 of a inch off. A worn tire can be more than a half inch off easily, 1/4 inch worn in tread depth = 1/2 of rolling diameter gone and that is NOT okay.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it cause long term issues? Possibly. As with any modification we do to our trucks.

Just like lowering our trucks, Its hard as hell on the suspension! But we do it cause it looks bad ass!! Stagger that SS up baby!! Would be sick, hell im thinking about doing it now........

Just like lowering our trucks, Its hard as hell on the suspension! But we do it cause it looks bad ass!! Stagger that SS up baby!! Would be sick, hell im thinking about doing it now........

:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Canadian VRSS is right, you can do it. Ive seen much more expensive cars from factory awd with rear wider rims. Only difference it was a sedan not truck.

I say scratch the whole idea because IMO 24 inch rims are way to big

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I highly agree. 24s defeat the purpose of performance in these trucks imo.

Width will male no difference at all. Diameter is the only thing you need to watch for. They'll need to be the EXACT same o.d. or you'll put the hump the tcase. Once the tcase is in hump mode, youll ruin the viscous t

I agree again as seeing vehicles with awd and different tire widths.

What is all the shaft pulling talk about??? :greddy:

Right!

WOW!!!!!!! How about someone tell me why LAMBO's are AWD and have different width tires? Honestly man you CAN run different width tires as long as the overall height is the same. It won't cause any damage. Their is even about a 2-3% tolerance for differance in gears . You could get away with a 4:11 ration in the rear and run a 4:10 in the front. Will it cause long term issues? Possibly. As with any modification we do to our trucks. I think its a cool Idea and I know it will work.

Exactly, I knew the driver for Lambo in MA and tire widths was the one thing I loved on that awd machine, I wish our OEM rims came in 10inch widths.

hey whats all this 24s ruin a performance truck talk? :jester: mine seems to run 11s on them just fine :D

yes you can stagger the wheels/tires and yes you can have a SLIGHT difference in tire OD... currently i have 295s on the front 305s in the rear. i think its about .3-.4" OD difference if i remember correctly. the issue here is not about widths, just about overall diameter. you can run a 16x4 in the front and 26x20 in the rear for whatever reason as long as the OD comes out the same or very close

hey whats all this 24s ruin a performance truck talk? :jester: mine seems to run 11s on them just fine :D

yes you can stagger the wheels/tires and yes you can have a SLIGHT difference in tire OD... currently i have 295s on the front 305s in the rear. i think its about .3-.4" OD difference if i remember correctly. the issue here is not about widths, just about overall diameter. you can run a 16x4 in the front and 26x20 in the rear for whatever reason as long as the OD comes out the same or very close

:withstupid: finally someone who knows what there talking about. ill put more emphasis on the SLIGHT difference part