04 Chevy RCSB 4.8/5MT vs. 12 Ford F250 6.7 pulling trailer LOL

SIXJAK

I exited the freeway and came to a stop at the light. The inside lane was occupied by a nice looking 12 Ford F250 4x4 with bigger rims and tires pulling what looked to be a 10-12' enclosed trailer. It was a nice looking rig. We were both turning left. The streets were basically empty. I thought nothing of it. I was with the missus. Certainly didn't expect him to try anything.

As soon as the light turned green his rear tires squealed. I took off too and kept my truck in 2nd gear rounding the turn. His lane discipline was good-that was my main concern making that left turn. We both punched it. His exhaust easily drowned out my Flowmaster and I could hear his turbo spooling. I'll be darned if he didn't stay right at my back bumper up to about 70 or so and then he gave up and I shut it down.

So in reality I got walked by a big heavy diesel lol. I'm going to guess that his trailer was empty. He did have an exhaust and he was probably tuned.

My TVS1900 can't get here soon enough lol. My wife thought it was fun though and thought we kicked his butt. I didn't say anything.

I've only had this truck for two weeks and that was my first stoplight derby in it. Kinda goofy but I thought I'd share.

Edited by SIXJAK (see edit history)

I have been doing alot of work to my duramax lately. Built trans, tc, turbo, custom efi live tuning, etc. I have had my sss in the 11's and my dmax will walk all over it up to about 70mph. Diesels are nothing to joke about. Imo, working on gas engines is boring now. Lol