How to install custom SSS flood light

BLNAWAY

Good write up. I installed mine yesterday, and im not gonna lie, i was stumped for about 15minutes. Haha. I removed the door switches and removed the door panel. I drilled the hole, prefit the flood light, hooked up the power and ground, and nothing. I toggled the door ajar swtched to see if it timed out, and that wasnt the issue. Pulled out my DMM and found battery voltage on both the power and the ground side of the door panel light circuit. Im like WTF! Haha i was just getting ready to take apart the tubing in the door jam and start looking for broken wires, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. DUH! The circuit grounds through the window switch in the door panel. Plugged the switch back in, and TA-DAH! The SS logo projected onto the ground. You chose a great spot to drill the hole for the light too. Right above that rectangle is perfect. Then i just twisted the light until it was parallel with the door, tightened it down, reassembled the door panel, and done. Only took the drivers door about 15 minutes total once i knew how to do it. Thanks again!

Good write up. I installed mine yesterday, and im not gonna lie, i was stumped for about 15minutes. Haha. I removed the door switches and removed the door panel. I drilled the hole, prefit the flood light, hooked up the power and ground, and nothing. I toggled the door ajar swtched to see if it timed out, and that wasnt the issue. Pulled out my DMM and found battery voltage on both the power and the ground side of the door panel light circuit. Im like WTF! Haha i was just getting ready to take apart the tubing in the door jam and start looking for broken wires, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. DUH! The circuit grounds through the window switch in the door panel. Plugged the switch back in, and TA-DAH! The SS logo projected onto the ground. You chose a great spot to drill the hole for the light too. Right above that rectangle is perfect. Then i just twisted the light until it was parallel with the door, tightened it down, reassembled the door panel, and done. Only took the drivers door about 15 minutes total once i knew how to do it. Thanks again!

HAHA good deal glad to hear... ya once you do one door the other one is a cake walk

• 8 months later...