221 cam installed

383ss

finally got my 221/221 cam installed today. I was really suprised at how poorly it idled with no tuning. it really wouldn't idle at all, but was fixed easily with a couple tweaks. :cool: now I can't even tell it has a cam by the exhaust, not sure what I think about that :ughdance:

putted around tonight, but I'm going to get on it tomorrow, get dyno'd monday and hit the track wednesday if everthing goes as planned :smash: I'll keep you guys updated. I don't think anyone on here has a C1 cam, do they??

Sweet. Definitely keep us updated.

What LSA is it on?

My TR220-112 idled great in P/N... but liked to give me problems in gear. I had my idle raised to 650 or so to minimize problems, but the lope was still pretty apparent.

I wasn't able to get the cam to respond well to tuning changes. What did you change?

LSA is 112.

the only thing I have changed so far is the idle and I raised 'Idle Airflow vs. ECT' and 'IAC Park Position Airflow vs. IAT' and added 2* timig from .08 to .24 in the 400-800 range. solved 90% of the idling issues but still have slight surging. haven't had time to mess with it lately... haven't done any WOT tuning yet, but had it at the track and didn't get in any good passes because of E-fan problems :shakehead:

Cool.

I heard something weird on the HPT site - I think it was Keith over there saying the idle airflow values are airflow values that the IAC motor is expected to pass through at the stock settings.

Here, I'll just post it, before I lose anything in the translation...

This really threw me for a loop........

I raised my idle airflow values, and got what seemed to be a better idle. I have since gone back to stock there to "KIS".

Cool.

I heard something weird on the HPT site - I think it was Keith over there saying the idle airflow values are airflow values that the IAC motor is expected to pass through at the stock settings. 

Here, I'll just post it, before I lose anything in the translation...

This really threw me for a loop........

I raised my idle airflow values, and got what seemed to be a better idle.  I have since gone back to stock there to "KIS".

hmmm, I'll have to look at that some more then. my idle definatly needs some tweaking. thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that over there. I had thought I'd read about every thread on that site :lol:

now I have an O2 sensor that went out :mad: truck is misfiring like hell! :nonod:

Archived