Turbo Lq9

Yes the bottom end will handle 15psi, but that is only if the tuning is spot on, you have a good fuel system, and have enough octane. In the case of AKSS, I don't remember telling him to turn it up to 20psi but if you do build a motor and build it with low compression you will need high boost just to make good power. If you're really looking to make a big power number with the truck I'd recommend a Lonnies fuel system and a set of Seimens Deka 80's. I'll be honest with you though I seriously would recommend to decide if you need that much boost to get to your goal. Try 12psi with everything tuned in as good as you can get it to see if you want more. I'm simply saying not to pick a boost number based on anything other than what it is taking to make your goal.

Yes the bottom end will handle 15psi, but that is only if the tuning is spot on, you have a good fuel system, and have enough octane. In the case of AKSS, I don't remember telling him to turn it up to 20psi but if you do build a motor and build it with low compression you will need high boost just to make good power. If you're really looking to make a big power number with the truck I'd recommend a Lonnies fuel system and a set of Seimens Deka 80's. I'll be honest with you though I seriously would recommend to decide if you need that much boost to get to your goal. Try 12psi with everything tuned in as good as you can get it to see if you want more. I'm simply saying not to pick a boost number based on anything other than what it is taking to make your goal.

With stock bottom end, Complete fuel system, 12 Psi, Cam, 4l80e with 3400 rpm stall, what would be your estimate for HP and track times. Also would you recommend getting the heads ported and polish. Also Would a FAST intake be worth the extra money, or just a different throttle body; or should I leave the intake system alone?

Also You are kind of the best as I hear for tunning these trucks, But with me living in Canada is it still possible for you to tune, or am I better off to go locally! Thanks

With stock bottom end, Complete fuel system, 12 Psi, Cam, 4l80e with 3400 rpm stall, what would be your estimate for HP and track times. Also would you recommend getting the heads ported and polish. Also Would a FAST intake be worth the extra money, or just a different throttle body; or should I leave the intake system alone?

Also You are kind of the best as I hear for tunning these trucks, But with me living in Canada is it still possible for you to tune, or am I better off to go locally! Thanks

He doesn't get on here much so your best bet is to give him a call. he is very helpful. as for tuning I know he has tuned stroked out ss truck and he lives up your way. give zippy a call he will get ya squared away. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Is that only monday-friday or is he open weekends?

Also can someone tell me if these are the injectors he was talking about ?

http://www.siemensdeka.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=14

80lb/h Siemens Deka 4 Mototron High Impedance (Long Style) USCAR

Not sure, never called him on a weekend before. Those injectors look legit, the only problem I see with them is that they're a ev6 connector, so you'll have to adapt from Multec ll to ev6, or you could just get some ev6 connectors and cut/splice them in. That's what I'm doing for my ev6s

It sounds to me that you are trying to do too many things to fast which you have no experience or knowledge of.

It's good that you are asking questions which means you need to slow down and keep reading and learning.

Yeah, this is my first performance build using force injection . I have done many old cars, but this is the first for new age muscle... Well other then a ls1, t56 swap on my cousins. 3rd gen, but only thing I did to the engine was cam and rockers... Just trying to get as much info as I can so I don't waste any money!

It sounds to me that you are trying to do too many things to fast which you have no experience or knowledge of.

It's good that you are asking questions which means you need to slow down and keep reading and learning.

this, this is probably the most knowledgeable thing that has come off jakes fingers on this forum , lol. first thing i would do is build your fuel system for what ever hp goal you have. second , get your tuner on the same page in what you want to do. 3rd- get the trans in and squared away . 4th- then worry about turning up the power .