Check Out This Unbelievable Interior + Truck

BlueAKSSS

Well you guys won't even believe what this truck I found last summer looked like. I bought this truck for the heck of it sight unseen because it was so ridiculously cheap I couldn't not buy it. All the guy could tell me is that it stopped running about two years prior during the winter and it was an 2004 and he was the original owner and bought it new. So I figured how bad could it be. Wow was I wrong. This is what I was faced with....

First shots of the interior after it was unloaded at my house...

Interior Before:

2012-07-25_21-24-01_735Medium_zpsa84f9a15.jpg

2012-07-25_21-24-08_660Medium_zps372fcfef.jpg

2012-07-25_21-24-15_7Medium_zpsfe6eb58f.jpg

2012-07-25_21-24-30_132Medium_zps26e40d5c.jpg

2012-07-25_21-24-47_207Medium_zpsb2ad3b06.jpg

2012-07-25_22-04-35_402Medium_zps98c48937.jpg

2012-08-06_19-12-06_783Medium_zpscf94c2c2.jpg

2012-08-06_22-21-07_180Medium_zps61d96ef4.jpg

After extensive hours of loading out trash and crap and some washing out of the interior with the hose this was the result. ^^^^

Exterior Before:

2012-07-25_21-25-07_287Medium_zps536e1cc2.jpg

2012-07-25_21-24-56_104Medium_zps29abe420.jpg

In addition to this the bed was completely sideswiped and had a dog musher box on the back. The guy said he worked for a dog company for a couple years and also drove it to Canada many times, and to the lower 48. Obviously he was not the best driver.

The story:

From what I can tell the guy lived in and out of the truck for probably 3 or 4 years or maybe more at least up until the motor "stopped running" I can not express how nasty this thing was. Just unbelievable!!! I have never ever ever seen something this bad in my life. Surprisingly enough mechanically the truck was solid other than the engine. What I found was it had a brand new exhaust cross over pipe, cats, and a new driver side manifold. The transmission, axles, frame and steering also all seemed in great shape so I decided to give it a shot on resurrecting the truck from the dead.

Next I will post up pics of the finished "Restoration" if you want to even call it that.

Now its time for the after rebuild pics. I ended up finding replacement white loaded doors matching for both sides, white used fender, new front bumper, light mounting bracketing, gauge cluster stepper motor rebuild, replacement upgraded factory radio, completely new dash plastics and covers, new nice cloth power seats, windshield, rear view mirror, used white long bed, and rear chrome bumper. Also had to paint the cab corners because there where some minor scratches and dents.

Now onto the engine, I found a really nice 2007 5.3 with low miles so I dropped that in, added gas to the bone dry gas tank and she fired up!! Ended up running perfect and driving fine after I added some stock alloys and tires. Somehow the truck went though all of this and only had 130k miles and a clean title which I could not believe.

Anyways here's the after pics!

DSC_0130Medium_zpscffcc5fc.jpg

The replacement doors came with tinted window too (eventually removed it when I sold it)

DSC_0159Medium-1_zps0032f032.jpg

Also tinted the rear window

DSC_0155Medium-1_zps5ec33dc7.jpg

Inside was very nice for a work truck after I was done, nice seats and power windows and locks. Only strange part was it had the AC delete option factory.

DSC_0177Medium_zpsfa9ce797.jpg

Lastly the engine....

DSC_0158_zps84171f38.jpg

Anyways hope you enjoyed my random story, I ended up selling this truck for pretty cheap since I had no use for it but I had my fun with it. Went to a construction company so I'm sure it will be used for a better purpose.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

That truck lucked up when it found you. :jester:

Original owner sure had some pride of ownership, eh?

I worked for a property maintenance outfit, years ago. We went into an apartment in Georgetown DC. (recently abandoned), that the entire floor was covered in full trash bags.

Hard to believe that people live like that.

im impressed! it takes a major devotion to LS NBS trucks to take on a project and save one like that. very nice and i look forward to your future projects. when was the last time you updated your thread in build section??? :jester:

I literally about puked when I seen that dash pad

Mad props bro, you did nice work. As always with you're projects

Same here, that had to be the nastiest interior I have ever seen. I just cant believe someone would spend all that money on a truck and use it as a trash can

Reminds me of this guy that use to come through the drive through all the time of one of the KFC's I ran. His entire back seat and passanger seat was full to the top with empty fast food bags. Of course if you looked at this guy you would not be suprised

I thought you guys would get a kick out of that. I still can't believe I even thought of taking on this project. Bad bowtie, it was a 5.3L truck originally believe it or not that is one of the reasons I decided to fix it. This definitely tops the list of nastiest NBS style truck interior that I've ever seen! I need to post up some of my other projects too, like the 57 Bel Air, I never posted up finished pics of it here.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)