My SSS just about stolen!!

bagged7104ss

I have a GPS tracker in my Trans Am... Alarm goes off and it calls me. I can set up a geo fence speed limit etc etc. I can actually talk to and listen to the person in mine.

this should give you an idea

http://www.brickhous...gps tracking.do

Thats a good idea, but thieves will and find the unit or source to dis able it. I had a buddy who had a tracker in his camaro and the signal was lost 20 minutes after it was stolen. the car was never found. You also have to figure, if even your police station has the capabilities and software to track certain trackers. Alot of them dont, and your SOL. My buddy had LoJack, only he and the installer knew where it was. It didnt stop the thieves. They dis mantel a car within the first 30 minutes of it being stolen, they will find the device and know where to look for them.

Thats a good idea, but thieves will and find the unit or source to dis able it. I had a buddy who had a tracker in his camaro and the signal was lost 20 minutes after it was stolen. the car was never found. You also have to figure, if even your police station has the capabilities and software to track certain trackers. Alot of them dont, and your SOL. My buddy had LoJack, only he and the installer knew where it was. It didnt stop the thieves. They dis mantel a car within the first 30 minutes of it being stolen, they will find the device and know where to look for them.

yes I agree with you 100% but once again depends what system you have. after 30 mins and your car not recovered then something is wrong. Mine is monitored and when alarm goes off they call me kinda like onstar. Onboard system is like Cell phone gps and alarm system. not like lo jack where it goes beep beep these actually tracks real time (2 second delay). As long as there is sats in the sky you can track long enough to get position up to 100'

Not splitting hairs bro.

Anyone have a Viper Smart start? i was thinking about getting one of these and that way you can just keep hitting panic from anywhere and increase the odds of the truck getting stopped. Also has tracking capabilities with the gps system.... and its a viper alarm!

http://viper.com/SmartStart/

Just hook a train horn up to your alarm!! You'll know its triped from inside a heavy metal concert... Plus the sound alone would be enough to make the theives Sh%t themselves!!!!! :jester:

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Anyone have a Viper Smart start? i was thinking about getting one of these and that way you can just keep hitting panic from anywhere and increase the odds of the truck getting stopped. Also has tracking capabilities with the gps system.... and its a viper alarm!

http://viper.com/SmartStart/

My buddy has Smart Start.... His truck was at my house with my wife, and we were 2 hours away South and decided to see how long it would take. It took about 2 minutes before the vehicle actually received the signal, and vice a versa. In my opinion, its way to expensive. Most of use wont leave our vehicle sit say at a Airport while we are gone.

welcome to california lol . you should wire your fuel pump on a fuse that you can pull out every time you get out of the truck located in the cab where only you know where it is that way the truck wont be able to start or would start but die shortly there after because of lack of fuel.

I did that exact same this to my truck ha

Just hook a train horn up to your alarm!! You'll know its triped from inside a heavy metal concert... Plus the sound alone would be enough to make the theives Sh%t themselves!!!!! :jester:

HORNBLASTERS.COM!!!!! Lol I love my train horn...it's effing LOUD!!!!

I cant find any info on the subject, but im hoping one day someone will produce an aftermarket PATS system that can be installed. Whether there be a chip in the key like most newer vehicles, or, like the new push-button start vehicles, have a keyless perimeter fob that needs to be within a certain distance of the receiver for the vehicle to start. This would prevent theives from breaking the door lock, and then breaking the ignition, and driving away with your ride.

My buddy has Smart Start.... His truck was at my house with my wife, and we were 2 hours away South and decided to see how long it would take. It took about 2 minutes before the vehicle actually received the signal, and vice a versa. In my opinion, its way to expensive. Most of use wont leave our vehicle sit say at a Airport while we are gone.

Good to know!

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you still interested.

I have this on the trans am now.

Meitracking.com

MVT380

SiRF III and Quad Band850/900/1800/1900MhzGPS + AGPS TrackingTrack by SMS/GPRS (MEITRACK Protocol)Track on DemandTrack by Time IntervalTrack by Distance IntervalTrack on Mobile PhoneListen-in or Two-way Audio (Optional)Internal 4Mb Memory for LoggingInbuilt Motion Sensor850mAh Internal Backup BatterySOS AlarmGeo-fence AlarmGPS Blind Area AlarmLow Battery AlarmSpeeding AlarmTow AlarmGPS Antenna Cut AlarmExternal Power Cut AlarmMileage ReportEngine Cut (Engine immobilization)Inbuilt Super Magnet (optional)5 Digital Inputs5 Outputs2 Analog Input Detection