New 2014 Silverado & Sierra revealed

The_aSSet

Whether its a new ford, dodge, chevy, 90% of the time people do not like the design at first glance through pictures. Ive yet to see in the last 10 years any design from the big 3 where majority of the people loved the trucks at first sight. They hate this, its too that.... and yet we are buying them.

in 2003 when Chevy came out with the new fender design, i absolutely hated it. I swore i would never own a chevy with that fender...... guess i was wrong.

The only thing i will agree with is that the design isnt a huge change from the last. As far as if i love it or hate it.... give it time.... They have to grow on you. Maybe it wont, but until i see some trim packages, and in person im not making any judgements.

^^ Good Point^^

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When is GM going to widen the wheel wells and get away from the square wells? Some people like bigger tires. On my 08 Sierra I had to have a 6in suspension lift to fit 35in tires and all the fords have to have is a leveling kit!?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/2014-trucks-start-arriving-late-may-hp-torque-pricing-coming-soon-116919/

So it looks like the new trucks will be in dealerships by the end of may.

Im not 100% sure what GM is thinking:

Crew Cabs end of may, and Extended cabs, and Crew Cabs a couple weeks later. They will only be available in the 5.3L, then 4.3L V6 will arrive a couple months later, and they wont release the 6.2L until the end of the year, and who knows when the 8-speed will come out. How hard would it be to release all cabs, and engines at the same time? Everyone else seems to do it. The 5.3L better be one badass engine of course we still dont know any HP/TRQ or MPG numbers yet.

• 3 weeks later...

So they Released HP/ TRQ and MPG numbers for the 2014 5.3L GM Trucks

It looks pretty impressive.

5.3L 355 Horsepower 385 lb.ft of Torque

2WD: 16 City 23 Highway

4WD: 16 City 22 Highway

Thats pretty impressive. The Ford with the 3.5L Ecoboost its rated at 15/21 for 4WD (of course the Ecoboost has more HP and Torque) and the 5.0L is rated at 15/21 for 2WD

Im excited to see what kind of MPG's the 4.3L V6 is going to have. It also supose to have around 300hp. And Im assuming the 6.2L will be over 420hp

The 5.3L can also tow 11,500 lbs which is more than standard towing on the current 6.0L 2500HD