New 2014 Silverado & Sierra revealed

The_aSSet

I haven't been a fan since the front end change in 08. Just not feeling it. Front ends of Ford and GM are starting to be brother and sister IMHO. I expected a CHANGE, not a polish of a previous platform. I want tech info on the engines before I can totally give a full opinion.

Hank, I am looking forward to the new vettes as well since they claim only like 2 parts are the same as the last one. We shall see...

Yeah, Car and Driver did a cover on the C7. There wasnt much revealed for the car yet. But they provided what they could. Heres one of the many articles. http://jalopnik.com/2014-corvette/ Front end looks like a exotic Ferrari, while the rear looks like a slim camaro. Not sure which concept will be produced as i have seen many. Just google 2014 corvette. Rediculous. Kinda odd they were talking about a TT-V6?

you know sales are gunna be just awesome when the SILVERADO gets bashed on a SILVERADO forum... :banghead: GM has let me down, yet again. the only 07+ GM truck i would buy is a GMC Serria Denali. now for 14+ i dont think i can even say that... what has happened to the world when KP needs a new shop truck, and we order a 13' Ford Raptor CC 6.2....? not saying anything bad about Ford, its a great truck (lately at least lol) but WE BUILD GM VEHICLES :cry: and you know for my SHOP truck to be a Raptor it had to have really outdone the current GM truck- and outdone it in the eyes of a GM certified, GM mechanic/high performance builder. i was so excited for the 14' trucks too... oh well

I don't know what to say ... I was hoping for a change, some new styling to say the least ...

I am completely unimpresses. It just looks like a polished up version of the old. The only cool thing I see, are the steps in the rear bumper. Neat idea, but not neat enough to buy the truck.

I do like the looks of the new Sierra better then the Silverado.

I just hope the interior is a nicer quality. My wife's '07 Denali is just a pressed piece of plastic junk. Not to say the similar interior on their trucks and Escalade lines. The finish on the injection moled pieces have burrs and rough edges. For $65-70K, you expect a little nicer interior. I guess I expected too much for $70K ...

All I can say is, I have to wait and see it in person, to give a final decision. I'll be in the market for one of these in 2 1/2 years. Keep the SS in the barn, drive the FX35 into the ground and buy a new pickup truck.

Show me a color matched Silvy and I MIGHT like it. Bowtie all my life but the new Sierra All Terrain w color matched front end is 100x better than any of the new chevy pics ive seen.

Very unimpressed. Looks like I will have my '12 for quite a while...

• 2 weeks later...

Whether its a new ford, dodge, chevy, 90% of the time people do not like the design at first glance through pictures. Ive yet to see in the last 10 years any design from the big 3 where majority of the people loved the trucks at first sight. They hate this, its too that.... and yet we are buying them.

in 2003 when Chevy came out with the new fender design, i absolutely hated it. I swore i would never own a chevy with that fender...... guess i was wrong.

The only thing i will agree with is that the design isnt a huge change from the last. As far as if i love it or hate it.... give it time.... They have to grow on you. Maybe it wont, but until i see some trim packages, and in person im not making any judgements.

Whether its a new ford, dodge, chevy, 90% of the time people do not like the design at first glance through pictures. Ive yet to see in the last 10 years any design from the big 3 where majority of the people loved the trucks at first sight. They hate this, its too that.... and yet we are buying them.

in 2003 when Chevy came out with the new fender design, i absolutely hated it. I swore i would never own a chevy with that fender...... guess i was wrong.

The only thing i will agree with is that the design isnt a huge change from the last. As far as if i love it or hate it.... give it time.... They have to grow on you. Maybe it wont, but until i see some trim packages, and in person im not making any judgements.

X2!

Im still trying to decide if I like it or not. I think theyre may be way to much chrome and I think most of us "sport truck" guys will agree

If you go on to Chevys webisite you can configure the new Silverado and download the picture of it

I did this just to get an idea of what it might look like color matched. this is the WT model

BlackSilvwithblackgrill_zps56529151.png

I think it would look really good with the color matched grill, and of course better looking rims. I like the rims on the LTZ, but I still hate how mch chrome there is

BlackSilvwithchromegrill_zps0dcd6d68.png