Best Daily Driver Mods for an LQ9?

What are your guy's opinions on the best daily driver mods for when I get an LQ9?

This won't be a track/quarter mile truck, I just want a lot of power so when the punk high schoolers rev up on me at the stop light, I'll make them feel stupid as hell!! hahaha

Don't worry about money, I can always save up. I just want a healthy running daily driver that hauls.

-supercharger?

-air intake?

-cam?

-heads?

Ect....

Let me know different combinations, brands, and stuff for the best route to power! :)

Thanks guys!!

Edited by SSilverBeast
language (see edit history)

Honestly, everything you posted would be enough and a good power house. The blower would make the motor efficient since you stay in vacuum when normal driving so there is no load on the motor until you are in boost, All of my blower cars get great gas mileage. My Z06 had a litttle over 719 the rear tires and I got 34 or so MPG highway and 26 or so around town.

But heads, cam,exhaust intake and blower will run you about 10G's with you doing the work yourself. Then you have to look at the tranny. a stall convertor and building the trans can run you about $3G's depending on how you build it. You can do it slowy like start off the with a full exhaust Cold Air, Intake manifold, cam, and then wait for everything else to do it at the same time.

Brands are all preference. I myself Like Prochargers, For heads I like Dart Pro Ones, Comp cam components, Intake manifolds are Fast LSX, or custom sheetmetal.

It all depends on how deep you want to go in your pockets, and the actual overall goal. All in all. You could only do a intake manifold blower, and exhaust and be good. The trans will still have to be worked on wither way you look at it.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Same difference? Lol essentially...

Lol! I only said that cause i know of a lot of people that do a lot of complicated/high maintenance mods for track trucks, and i want something simple that'll make lots of power.....But i guess it does sound kinda dumb if you read it that way... haha

Don't go crazy unless you want a radical DD. High stall and big power takes you out of the fun daily driver catagorey. IMO lq9 small cam, and a Maggie. Upgrade the tranny and go with a 3.73 gear you will have a quick truck. That's just my opion

• 6 years later...

I'm building a LQ9 bored out to 6.2 with a small cam and plan to daily it, I'll let you know how it works out for me lol.

- Edit -

Oh wow I just realized that this post was as old as it is. I thought it was recent as someone bumped it lol.

Edited by Thing1 (see edit history)