New fog lights on my 2004 Silverado SS

Burundanga

I'm finally done with my new fog lights installation. Since the fog lights for Silverado won't fit the SS and GM don't provide brackets for the SS bumper (SS bumper don't have openings like the regular Silverado) I'd removed the brake cooling "ducts" and sure enough, there was a bracket atached to the metal on the bumper that matched the installation holes on my new OEM Silverado fog lights. But don't worry, I'm saving those in a safe place. You also need to replace the light switch if it does not have the push button for fog lights. That cost me another $35.00.

They look awesome! I also wanted to keep my factory connectors in one piece so the H10 male connectors pigtails that I'd bought makes a better and longer connection to the original connectors and to my new fog lights.

My headlights are dark with running LEDs on the side and I'm also installing voltage suppresors on the LEDs so they won't burn with the 14 VDC surges. I will post pictures when everything gets done. Cheers!

I'm finally done with my new fog lights installation. Since the fog lights for Silverado won't fit the SS and GM don't provide brackets for the SS bumper (SS bumper don't have openings like the regular Silverado) I'd removed the brake cooling "ducts" and sure enough, there was a bracket atached to the metal on the bumper that matched the installation holes on my new OEM Silverado fog lights. But don't worry, I'm saving those in a safe place. You also need to replace the light switch if it does not have the push button for fog lights. That cost me another $35.00.

They look awesome! I also wanted to keep my factory connectors in one piece so the H10 male connectors pigtails that I'd bought makes a better and longer connection to the original connectors and to my new fog lights.

My headlights are dark with running LEDs on the side and I'm also installing voltage suppresors on the LEDs so they won't burn with the 14 VDC surges. I will post pictures when everything gets done. Cheers!

Fog lights for the normal silverado will fit the SSS. I have normal silverado Fogs in my ss and I didnt have to remove any brake ducts...

DSCN2555.jpg

DSCN2556.jpg

DSCN2557.jpg

Cool Man! They look awesome!

My lights are bigger and won't fit with the ducts in place. I'm glad it worked for you. I'd finally installed my new switch, made sure that the relay was in place and the lights came on without taking the truck to the dealer for programming. I'm happy with the outcome and I'm saving my ducts in a safe place. They are expensive and hard to find. Cheers!

I can check. I do think they came as "OEM replacement" from Autoanything but I could be wrong. Since I don't have any original lights I'm unable to compare sizes but these lights are definitely bigger than the brake air ducts.

Mine were larger to when held up behind them until they were mounted properly and angled the right way.

here is what mine are.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-SILVERADO-02-06-AVALANCHE-PICKUP-CLEAR-FOG-LIGHTS-PAIR-L-R-BULBS-/360533141228?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f17326ec&vxp=mtr