AWD dyno in Alaska

Akslowroller

I know there aren't very many of us up here, however if you didn't know there is a guy in anchorage that has purchased an AWD dyno. Would like to upload add but it won't load the pic. I will get the guys number and post it if you need it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are y'all sure that it will fit our trucks wheel base? Very few awd dynos will fit us. Its not the width as much as the length usually... last couple I checked were all a few inches to short. Just something to think about. Bit of it does, awesome! I'll be getting out of the coast guard next year so ima need somewhere to do it in Anchorage. :D

Sent from my 4G Razor

Woo!! I frickin hope so! I heard rumors but I wasn't sure. Adam folgelman said he just had his Impreza WRX STI dynoed. Not sure if it's an adjustable setup or what. A few guys here at Seekins drove down in October to test their luck. One guys duramax had 700/1030, or close to it. Don't remember the exact numbers. But yeah. Hopefully this summer I can get mine dialed in. We should all meet up and make a road trip out of it. Haha 6hour drive for us Fairbanks guys. I'll bring the police radio/detector and a couple walkie-talkies. Haha we'll turn a 6 hour drive into about 3.5 hours.

Oh, and I'm lame and don't have Facebook. I'll search the web for the link.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I wish one was in Abilene, good luck with that

Haha what's a measely drive across the US. Anchorage isnt that far away if you really think about it. Haha.

Yeah I spoke with Adam tonight and he said it is a sure thing. He said he would let me know if our trucks would fit.

Yeah let me know! I hope it works out. Would be a fun trip this summer.

For sure man. Nothing cooler then a bunch of SS trucks driving down the highway. If it is the unit he wanted to get I know they will fit. But I know that was when Adam was going to be buying it. I'm pretty sure it was his partner who just bought it. So I don't think it's the same one. But you would think that they would want to be able to do a wide range of vehicles. Especially if you're going to have the only AWD within 3k miles. Just sayin. I am thinking I will get a baseline before procharger then another after procharger.

Yeah thad be sweet to see the difference. Thats funny if that guy was Adams partner on the deal and then just did it on his own. Poor adam wont be seeing any royalty checks, even if it was his idea. Haha. But yeah. I just have a base tune fromZippy on my set up now. And while im sure its a great tune as is, Ill see if i can get a live tune either before we go or while we're there. You cant beat a live tune, that is if they know what they're doing. Im curious if they do dyno tunes there at the shop or just dyno runs for slips. Im stoked! We can all hit up Alaska Bush Company with the Anchorage SSS guys while we're down there. Ill buy the first round of beers!!