"SERVICE BRAKE BOOSTER" .... really?

matt 2k12

That message always comes up when i have low battery voltage (OVC). I guess theres an electronic motor in the brake booster and when your alternator isnt putting out what it should while running, that message is displayed. I know there are other reasons why that message can come up, but i doubt it has anything to do with a camshaft.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

That message always comes up when i have low battery voltage (OVC). I guess theres an electronic motor in the brake booster and when your alternator isnt putting out what it should while running, that message is displayed. I know there are other reasons why that message can come up, but i doubt it has anything to do with a camshaft.

I know my 03 has some kind of motor mounted to the brake booster.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

What he said ^^^^. If the cam is large it will pull vacuum from the engine which will affect your brakes. You will get this light no matter what you do, until you get a vacuum can.

Thats a good point my old chevelle had a large cam and I actually had to run a vacuum can to be able to have any kind of vacuum for my brakes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

What he said ^^^^. If the cam is large it will pull vacuum from the engine which will affect your brakes. You will get this light no matter what you do, until you get a vacuum can.

Thank you very much. Do you have any recommendations in the can and where to locate it in line?