SS vs Tundra Single Cab I-Force

super88

I am assuming that he meant the truck did not grab 1st year, so he did a 2nd gear pull, and bogged the truck down. At that speed, unless you are tuned, the PCM will not command a 1st gear downshift.

This, and if trans is stock probably a good thing. Seems like a good way to grenade a trans. Sounds like some fun.

Edited by kcsilveradoss
spelling (see edit history)

We went twice, first one from about 45-50mph maybe.. My truck didnt grab when I hit the gas and he got me by about half a truck.. Second time we went from about 30mph and put the truck in gear and I got him by about half a truck.. He said it was stock.. things are quick

:icon_bs: Haha jk.

Was it icy? Not sure why an AWD would have problems hooking up, especially from a roll. And im confused about the "put the truck in gear" part. You were already doing 30mph so you should have already been in gear. Never seen a truck doing 30mph in park. haha. Did you put it in a 2 or 3 gear rather than "D"? Its common to shift into 3 when racing, as you'll run through 1,2, and 3rd gear normally, but it prevents trans from going into overdrive. But id never try to manually shift my transmission. Thats what tunes are for.

Ok guys.. so the other night I tested my truck out from 40mph - 50mph when I step on the gas all the way it doesnt grab like if I do it from any other speed..

So when i raced him the first time we went from about 40mph.. the second time.. I put it in 3rd and we went from about 30mph-35mph thats when i got him by about half a truck..

so if its in 3rd can I just leave it in 3rd when I hit my 6rpm or change it to DRIVE?

I leave mine in third the whole time when I take a go. Third tops put at 120 or so with 4.10 gears so it shouldnt be an issue to stay in third unless your doing some mile race. :P

I can even get mine to pop into OD gear fairly quick after pinning the needle.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2