SSS vs F150 S331

BLNAWAY

so this weekend i was crusin thru town and came up on the first saleen f150 i seen. we kinda played alil back and fourth buring eachother stop light to light just block long runs finnaly gota headed outa town i kinda cheated had truck in 3rd gear at just about 40mph running bout 2k he got on and so did i i pulled till bout 70 then let off i was bout truck length mayb 3/4 length ahead his s/c prolly didnt spool up fast enough and he came flying past he prob. would of got me if we woulda stayed on it

2012-11-24_13-00-40_360.jpg

nice race, but i am very technical and cant help it lol. i doubt that truck was blown. thats an option on those. the base saleen trucks are just basically appearance and bolt ons. the blower is also (if it had one) is a roots type blower, which does not need to spool. they make full boost pretty much instantly. and if your mods in your sig are still current, and that truck was a supercharged version, he wouldve pretty much put like 2 lengths on you and slowly pulled more and more.

did it have huge big red brakes on it?

nice race, but i am very technical and cant help it lol. i doubt that truck was blown. thats an option on those. the base saleen trucks are just basically appearance and bolt ons. the blower is also (if it had one) is a roots type blower, which does not need to spool. they make full boost pretty much instantly. and if your mods in your sig are still current, and that truck was a supercharged version, he wouldve pretty much put like 2 lengths on you and slowly pulled more and more.

Lol I was gonna say superchargers don't spool.

I wouldn't be so sure. Does the supercharged saleen make the same numbers as the lightening? If so, it would be close. Those old body style fords are total super weights. My buddy's 04 f150 ext. cab (same configuration as us) has 800lb on my SS, that's not a typo, almost a half ton. He weighed in at almost 6000lb on the dot (a couple of pounds off).

no it didnt have big red brakes and yes mod are still current i did know the blower was a options but by my understanding if it was blown the badging on front fenders would say saleen S331 and if it was the n/a verison it saleen 331 I'll take a few pic of the truck i found then owner the other day he's a manger at a honda motorcycle shop so ill post em up and see if we can dind out it it F/C or n/a

Doesn't need the BIG RED BRAKES to be blown. THAT is actually the option. My good friend has one. I believe they are all blown. 450hp

i never said it NEEDED big red brakes... was just a question. bc let me put it THIS way- we dont just build chevys, and from my experience if the truck has the Baer 6S kit it 90% of the time has the blower... and they BOTH were options, along with a self-leveling rear suspension, and a few other things... base Saleen truck MIGHT run a 15 on a great day :lol: that comment above about wegiht... thats no lie. throw about 250 lbs of body kit on and a cast set of 23's and BOOM its over 6k now :lol:

no they had the option of s/c or n/a they claim 450hp @5.5psi on their s/c version and 325 on n/a

yeah hes right... they put out more than lightning. but ran about the same due to weight and other things... like huge wheels lol.

look i owned an 05' F150 5.4 Harley.... it had FULL bolt-ons custom dyno tune by me, made about 390-400 hp at flywheel (on stock 17s) but was on 26" wheels (bought it that way dont start with that, i realize lol)... thing ran like a low 15 lmao, ran out of power vs. wind at like 118 mph :lol: and it was slammed with a bedcover