427/C5R build update....

GEAR M UP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on some parts from Comp.......

Rocker arms, push rods?

For some reason the studs for the rocker were missing.....They got in on Friday.

You are putting a stock truck intake back on it?

Also, I think that most of the prople that were "having problems" with Patriot heads not flowing well were not having them done by hand, just the way they came out of the box.

Stock truck intake are fairly good, I'll go with a FAST when I have an extra $1000....

The flow chart on my heads look really good......The heads should not be an issue...

Still waiting on some parts from Comp.......

68981122.jpg

68981121.jpg

68981115.jpg

What kind of Rockers do you plan to use?

I know LS1 speed is a fan of the stock rockers and does not recommend shaft mounts.

I see this motor is hitting 550 RWHP on a Z06 what are your targets on your truck with and without juice?

Great Job!

I have been a big fan of patriot and bought a set of stage 2 heads for my truck and ran great. I pulled the motor yesterday thinking I had a bad lifter and after I started looking at the parts I had metal in the oil pump sceen and looked at the heads and the stems of the valves are mushroomed over the clip. I am sending them back to patriot monday hoping they will take care of the problem and get new valve installed. Btw I have never had a problem with them before and have had very good results.

What would cause valve stems to mushroom?  A hammer?

usually this only happens under valve float or when a rocker arm fails.

OR, cheap valves, too much seat pressure...?

now its time for lash caps!!!

I dont know about these newer motors..

But the lash cap or bad a$$ manley valves fixed that problem on old SBC heads

:cheers:

Edited by nmpianalto (see edit history)

I wish I would have made pics b/f I sent them with a friend of mine to patriot today, I had to get on a 6am flight and he said he could drop them off for me. I think it is cheap valves, I am only turning 6k at shift and rev limit at 6200. The stems on 2 valves, 1 ext. and 1 intake on differnent heads are the worst about 1/8 to 3/16 off of both down almost to the clip. Btw I am not bashing them, I think this is just a rare problem and I would still buy heads for them. I think they will fix the valves without any problems.

Edited by 2bseen (see edit history)