Air/Fuel & Vacuum Gauge...

So, I did a search with several different ways to words things and seemed to find no help. Can't find help on Google or any other forum either. I have a dual a-pillar pod that I'm installing an Air/Fuel gauge and a Vacuum gauge. I've heard a narrow band AF gauge is useless, and so is a Vacuum, but oh well, I have them in the truck.

My problem is:

Where the heck does the wire from the AF gauge hookup to? I've seen it say on the 02 senser in front of the cat, but no one says which wire and I don't wanna fry it.

Second:

Where's a good vacuum line to hookup to? We seem to find them, but they're hard plastic. I'm clueless on these newer motors.

It's a VORTEC 4.8L motor. But I figured it's pretty much the same as the 6.0L. Any help would be great guys. Wiring just drives me nuts -_-

The A/F guage does hook up to the first cats wiring.You want to hook up your wiring to the PCM side of the wiring harness for the 02 sensor. Meaning, do not hook up the guage to the wiring coming out of the 02 sensor. You want to use the wiring that comes from the vehicles harness that connects the 02 sensor.

http://www.egauges.com/ATM_Tips.asp?TipPage=air_fuel_hookup.htm

Or you can do this. http://www.wbodystore.com/harnesses-adapters/20-air-fuel-gauge-pigtail.html#

Its been awhile since I hooked mine up (12 years) autometer has diagrams for what wire goes where.

For a vacuum line I always use a manifold which will allow you to tee in from the brake booster line.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Appreciate the reply man. That helped me a lot by telling me that for sure. The page helped me out some as well. I've only got 1 wire to hookup and I at least know not to hook it up where we originally had planned. Is it going to be the Purple/White wire? I never exactly seen what specific wire on that motor to tap into, or do we just need to test it for the output signal wire? I hate wiring and have never been good at it, just want to make sure it is done right!

Thinking we're gonna try to use that line to splice into, but it's a lot bigger than the T fitting they sent me and the T fitting has a brass restrictor in it too (thinking for pressure), so we're going to have to figure that one out as well.

Okay I think I understand what you're saying then. There's the 02 sensor wiring, the plug on that side, a plug on the PCM side wiring, then the PCM wiring. I need to tap into those wires and not on the opposite side of the plug next to the sensor.

Sorry I just hate wiring things and most of the time it does get confusing for me. I do really appreciate the help though bud. Hopefully I'll get them all hooked up and working in a couple days over my days off.