Charging system failure??

dwalk

So I was driving down the road and all my internal lights went dim. I looked at my gauge and it was a little over the quarter mark.. then it dropped and all my electronics started shutting down one by one. It said CHARGING SYSTEM FAILURE and immediately after said BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURE. I pulled over freaked out that my brakes were out and the little that I used them to pull in a parking space they seemed to work. I'm actually stuck here now, waiting for my buddy to show up.. any help would be awesome as for this truck is my DD.

Did the engine die? Sounds like you lost the alternator on your truck, aka it wasn't charging the battery and the battery went dead while you where driving. I'm sure your breaks are fine you just need to replace the alternator and charge the battery and it should be good to go. At least from the sounds of it thats what happened.

X2

x3

same thing happened to me when my alternator went. the computer shuts down the power brakes as it begins to lose power. Think of it has your heart stopping blood to your limbs as it tries to keep the rest alive.

It was my alternator. Went to autozone and picked up one and swapped it out. Everything is all good but I for sure gave me a scare. I feel like it runs and shifts way smoother then before... is that common?