HARD DRIVING

evandostert

A skyline is not rice.   It is a real drivers car.

On the contrary, it depends on who owns it. Most skyline's I've seen have been complete rice. :( Too bad, they are nice cars, stock. :smash:

Where have you had the privlege of seeing a Skyline? They hit the U.S. here in CA and I've never seen one. They haven't been available here until just recently; even the ones imported I believe are still right-hand drive. And I can't see anyone paying the $70K-$80K price tag doing anything silly to them appearance-wise... :confused:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe my definition is a little more simple.  Japanese equals rice.  Nissan would be rice, but I'm not sure there is a written book for a "true" definition other than something edible.

Read this thread Ben: DEFINITION OF A 'RICER'

I think the guy that wrote this article has a great feel for what makes a ricer... at least this is the most complete definition I've seen. :thumbs:

Where have you had the privlege of seeing a Skyline?  They hit the U.S. here in CA and I've never seen one.  They haven't been available here until just recently; even the ones imported I believe are still right-hand drive.  And I can't see anyone paying the $70K-$80K price tag doing anything silly to them appearance-wise... :confused:

Car audio competitions. I've seen a few. Enough to know that a completely stock one is nice, a wrongly modified one is :puke:

I hear ya Ben, in my mind, if it is made in Korea, Japan, Indonesia, China or is named Suzuki, Nissan, Toyota, Hundai, Daewoo, Lexus or any other it is full of Rice. I have a Kawasaki, and I know it's Rice. I can't afford a Harley, I love American products because it puts Americans to work, or at least it used to.... but that's another story.

I'm not busting on the Ricers, but America is getting all my support in the car/truck area. I buy American almost always, and hate it when I'm forced to buy imports. :flag:

Where have you had the privlege of seeing a Skyline?  They hit the U.S. here in CA and I've never seen one.  They haven't been available here until just recently; even the ones imported I believe are still right-hand drive.  And I can't see anyone paying the $70K-$80K price tag doing anything silly to them appearance-wise... :confused:

Car audio competitions. I've seen a few. Enough to know that a completely stock one is nice, a wrongly modified one is :puke:

Very cool. I'd really like to see one, though it seems like they're real sleepers in person, so unless you know what one is, you don't know what power lurks beneath...so maybe what I'm really saying is, I'd like to take one for a spin (which from what I hear is really easy... :cool: )

I have seen one in the Bronx, I go to that part of New York alot. I have always wanted one. They need to come out with a U.S version. Don't knock all rice. A cheap civic or some 4 cylinder econo car is one thing. A skyline, nsx, supra or a 350z are all nice cars.

As far as motorcycles go harleys are a mess. Slow bulky akward unreliable mess that is priced way out of reality. To me the chrome mess on a Harley is just as dumb as a ricer. Put a really huge tire out back kick the front way out of proportion and cover the rest with chrome is just a waste of time. Give my a nice R1, GSXR. I will eat that honda alive around any track. I guess every person has there own thing they like.

Heres the thing...

The NSX is a joke (especially the new one) :crackup:

The Supra was ok (for a rice-mobile) but couldn't really compete and has disappeared from the face of the planet :wtf:

The 350Z got its rep mainly on hype prior to release and for the $$$ you could get a MUCH better car :dunno:

So, really, the skyline would be the 'ultimate' japanese sports car... but its not sold in the US. Why? Probably b/c anyone who buys an import isn't buying for performance as the primary reason. They're buying the 'economy' sports car... no one (other than ricers) would drop the $$$ those things would sticker for in the US.

When it comes to the bikes I'll admit that the Japs put out some BAD ASS crotch rockets, but you really can't compare them to Harleys. Two different worlds entirely... the Harleys built for cruising more than for flat out racing. BUT lets just see what happens when the TOMAHAWK goes on sale :eek: that thing is pure evil on wheels :devil: then we'll see what country builds the baddest sport bike! :thumbs:

BTW: evandostert... I'm not trying to bust your balls man (read some of my earlier posts :D ) but you have to admit you're puttin up some pretty bone-head things...

"I like to drive 120mph at night" :uhoh:

just givin ya a hard time. :thumbs:

Very cool.  I'd really like to see one, though it seems like they're real sleepers in person, so unless you know what one is, you don't know what power lurks beneath...so maybe what I'm really saying is, I'd like to take one for a spin (which from what I hear is really easy... :cool: )

I wouldn't mind thrashing one either. ;)

So, really, the skyline would be the 'ultimate' japanese sports car... but its not sold in the US. Why? Probably b/c anyone who buys an import isn't buying for performance as the primary reason. They're buying the 'economy' sports car... no one (other than ricers) would drop the $$$ those things would sticker for in the US.

NO!!!

Archived